Search Academic Publications:
- (2022) "How Three Mission-Driven News Organizations in the Global South Combat Disinformation Through Investigation, Innovation, Advocacy, and Education" In: Disinformation in the Global South Wasserman, H. and Madrid-Morales, D. (eds.) 1st. Hoboken: Wiley. 193-209.
- (2022) "Local Explanations via Necessity and Sufficiency: Unifying Theory and Practice", Minds and Machines. Springer Science and Business Media LLC. 32 (1) 185-218.
- (2022) "“Ask yourself WHY you want to track yourself”: Co-Designing a Self-Tracking Guide with Teenagers", CHI ’22 Extended Abstracts, April 29–May 05, 2022, New Orleans, LA, USA. ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI), New Orleans, LA, USA, 30 April – 5 May 2022. Association for Computer Machinery.
- (2022) "Hatemoji: A Test Suite and Adversarially-Generated Dataset for Benchmarking and Detecting Emoji-based Hate", Proceedings of the 2022 Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics: Human Language Technologies. 2022 Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL 2022), Hybrid: Seattle, Washington, USA + Online, 10 – 15 July 2022. Seattle, United States: Association for Computational Linguistics. 1352-1368.
- (2022) "Do Microcredentials Help New Workers Enter the Market? Evidence from an Online Labor Platform", Journal of Human Resources.
- (2022) "Avoiding GIGO: Learnings from data collection in innovation research", Social Networks. 69 3-13.
- (2022) "New digital safety net or just more ‘friendfunding’? Institutional analysis of medical crowdfunding in the United States", Information, Communication & Society (RICS). 25 (8) 1151-1175.
- (2022) "Is there a link between climate change scepticism and populism? An analysis of web tracking and survey data from Europe and the US", Information, Communication & Society. 25 (10) 1400-1439.
- (2022) "Tackling racial bias in automated online hate detection: Towards fair and accurate detection of hateful users with geometric deep learning", EPJ Data Science. 11 (1).
- (2022) "Optimal lockdown policy for vaccination during COVID-19 pandemic", Finance Research Letters. 45 102123.
- (2022) "No effect of different types of media on well-being.", Scientific Reports. 12 (1) 61.
- (2022) "The CoRisk-Index: a data-mining approach to identify industry-specific risk perceptions related to Covid-19", Humanities and Social Sciences Communications. 9 (1).
- (2022) "Windows of developmental sensitivity to social media.", Nature Communications. 13 (1) 1649.
- (2022) Smart Cities: Mapping their Ethical Implications.
- (2022) The UK Reform of Data Protection: Impact on Data Subjects, Harm Prevention, and Regulatory Probity.
- (2022) The epistemological foundations of data science: a critical analysis.
- (2022) "Artificial Intelligence with American Values and Chinese Characteristics: A Comparative Analysis of American and Chinese Governmental AI Policies", AI & SOCIETY.
- (2022) The Digital Services Act: An Analysis of Its Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications.
- (2022) "Utilising a Critical Realist Lens to Conceptualise Digital Inequality: The Experiences of Less Well-Off Internet Users", Social Science Computer Review. 089443932110696.
- (2022) "Conceptual challenges for interpretable machine learning", Synthese. 200 (2).
- (2022) "Digitisation and Sovereignty in Humanitarian Space: Technologies, Territories and Tensions", Geopolitics.
- (2022) "Autonomous weapon systems and jus ad bellum", AI & SOCIETY.
- (2022) Brevi riflessioni su cultura e digitale 2011-2021 (In a Few Words - Brief Reflections on Culture and Digital 2011-2021 in Poche Battute).
- (2022) On the Future of Artificial Intelligence - An Article in Honour of Susan Haack, for Her Festschrift.
- (2022) Sull’Urgenza Della Filosofia: In Dialogo Con Massimo Durante (On the Urgency of Philosophy: in Dialogue with Massimo Durante).
- (2022) Luciano Floridi - Capitolo dal libro AA.VV., Cervelli in Fuga - Storie di menti italiane fuggite all'estero, a cura di Augusto Palombini, Avverbi Editore, 2001. Prefazione di Piero Angela, introduzione di Burton Richter. [Brain Drain] (Chapter from the book AA.VV., Cervelli in Fuga - Stories of Italian minds who fled abroad, edited by Augusto Palombini, Avverbi Editore, 2001. Preface by Piero Angela, introduction by Burton Richter. [Brain Drain]).
- (2022) "How to counter moral evil: Paideia and Nomos", Philosophy and Technology. 35 (1).
- (2022) capAI - A Procedure for Conducting Conformity Assessment of AI Systems in Line with the EU Artificial Intelligence Act.
- (2022) "The role of relatedness and strategic linkages between domestic and MNE sectors in regional branching and resilience", Journal of Technology Transfer.
- (2022) "Globalisation, media trust, and populism: A comparative study of the US and Germany", International Communication Gazette. 174804852210881.
- (2022) "Protecting health privacy through reasonable inferences", The American Journal of Bioethics. 22 (7) 65-68.
- (2022) "The Economy of Waste", Philosophy and Technology. 35 (2).
- (2022) "Rethinking AI for Good Governance", Daedalus. 151 (2) 360-371.
- (2022) "Misinformation and Professional News on Largely Unmoderated Platforms: The Case of Telegram", Journal of Information Technology and Politics.
- (2022) "Aadhaar and the Social Credit System: Personal Data Governance in India and China", INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATION. 16 2370-2386.
- (2022) "Time Spent Playing Two Online Shooters Has No Measurable Effect on Aggressive Affect", Collabra: Psychology. 8 (1).
- (2022) "Uneasy Bedfellows: AI in the News, Platform Companies and the Issue of Journalistic Autonomy", Digital Journalism.
- (2022) "Operationalising AI governance through ethics-based auditing: an industry case study", AI and Ethics. 1-18.
- (2022) "Correction: Operationalising AI governance through ethics-based auditing: an industry case study", AI and Ethics.
- (2022) "From Algorithmic Accountability to Digital Governance", Nature Machine Intelligence. 4 (6) 508-509.
- (2022) "Solidarity, not charity: Learning the lessons of the
COVID‐19 pandemic to reconceptualise the radicality of mutual aid", Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers.
- (2022) "An actor-based approach to understanding radical right viral tweets in the UK", Journal of Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism.
- (2022) "Social prescribing for older people and the role of the cultural sector during the COVID-19 pandemic: What are link workers’ views and experiences?", Health and Social Care in the Community.
- (2022) "New deepfake regulations in China are a tool for social stability, but at what cost?", Nature Machine Intelligence. 4 (7) 608-610.
- (2022) Kant: is it still worth reading him? (Vale ancora la pena leggere Kant?).
- (2022) "Metaverse: A Matter of eXperience", Philosophy and Technology. 35 (3).
- (2022) App store governance: implications, limitations, and regulatory responses.
- (2022) Models for Classifying AI Systems: The Switch, the Ladder, and the Matrix.
- (2022) Artificial Intelligence in Support of the Circular Economy: Ethical Considerations and a Path Forward.
- (2022) "Measuring sustainable tourism with online platform data", EPJ Data Science. 11 (1) 41.
- (2022) "Time spent playing video games is unlikely to impact well-being", Royal Society Open Science. 9 (7) 220411.
- (2022) "Accepting Moral Responsibility for the Actions of Autonomous Weapons Systems—a Moral Gambit", Philosophy & Technology. 35 (3).
- (2022) "Review of Juliet Schor (2020). After the gig: How the sharing economy got hijacked and how to win it back. University of California Press.", The British Journal of Sociology. Wiley. 73 (2) 461-463.
- (2022) Digital Turbulence: Building a democratic society in times of digital turmoil. Israel Public Policy Institute (IPPI), Heinrich Böll Stiftung Tel Aviv.
- (2022) Stochastic Causal Programming for Bounding Treatment Effects.
- (2022) Data Science vs Putin: How much does each of us pay for Putin's war?.