These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2326 - 2350 of 2676 publications found.
- Edelman, B. (2003) Filtering Spam: New Perspectives on the False-Positive / False-Negative Trade-off. Notes from seminar 'Filtering Spam: New Perspectives on the False-Positive / False-Negative Trade-off', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 18 June 2003.
- Eynon, R. (2003) IT skills and the use of the web in teaching and learning: the student experience. Paper presented at the conference of the Centre for Learning and Teaching - Information and Computer Sciences, part of the LTSN, July 2003, Leeds, UK.
- Eynon, R., Perryer, G. and Walmsley, A.D. (2003) Dental undergraduate expectations and opinions of Web-based courseware to supplement traditional teaching methods. European Journal of Dental Education 7 (3) 103-110.
- Facer, K., Furlong, J., Furlong, R. and Sutherland, R. (2003) Screenplay; children and computing in the home. London: Routledge.
- Ferrazzi, D., De Cindio, F., Besselaar, P. van den and Oostveen, A. (2003) Poll Results: organization, results and evaluation. TruE-Vote Deliverable 6, TRUE-VOTE IST -2000-29424.
- Finholt, T.A. (2003) Collaboratories as a new form of scientific organization. Economics of Innovation and New Technology 12: 5-25.
- Floridi, L. (2003) On the Intrinsic Value of Information Objects and the Infosphere. Ethics and Information Technology 4 (4) 287-304.
- Floridi, L. (2003) The Renaissance of Epistemology: 1914-1945. In Thomas Baldwin (ed.) The Cambridge History of Philosophy 1870–1945. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Floridi, L. (2003) Two Approaches to the Philosophy of Information. Minds and Machines 13 (4) 459-469.
- Foster, I. (2003) The Grid: Computing without bounds. Scientific American 288 (4) 78.
- González-Bailón, S. (2003) Review of Dynamic Social Network Modelling and Analysis: Workshop Summary and Papers edited by Ronald Breiger, Kathleen Carley and Philippa Pattison. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation 6 (4).
- Guerra, G.A., Zizzo, D.J., Dutton, W.H. and Peltu, M. (2003) Economics of Trust in the Information Economy: Issues of Identity, Privacy and Security. Oxford Internet Institute Research Report No. 1, University of Oxford.
- Hogan, B. (2003) Book Review: Leonardo's Laptop. Information, Communication & Society 6 (2) 278-281.
- John, P. and Margetts, H. (2003) Policy punctuations in the UK: fluctuations and equilibria in central government expenditure since 1951. Public Administration 81 (3) 411-432.
- Khiaonarong, T. (2003) Payment Systems Efficiency, Policy Approaches, and the Role of the Central Bank. Discussion Paper 1/2003, Research Department, Bank of Finland.
- Kirstein, P. T., Carlberg, K., Hasler, K. and O'Hanlon, P. (2003) Media Transmission Over Coupled Wired/Wireless Networks Using Application Level Active IPv6~Networks. In Converged Networking. Springer, pp. 197-209.
- Lange, B. (2003) Regulatory Spaces and Interactions: An Introduction. In: B.Lange et al. (eds) Regulatory Spaces and Interactions. Social and Legal Studies [Special Issue], pp. 411-423.
- Liao H.-T. (2003) Sewage and Fibre Network: SARS reminds us of human contact [In Chinese]. (下水道與光纖: SARS重拾人的接觸). Cultural Studies Monthly (文化研究月報) (29).
- Liao, H.-T. (2003) From National Commemorations to Carnivals: A media event analysis of 1994-2003 New Year Eve Party [in Chinese] (從開國紀念日到跨年狂歡: 以媒體事件觀點分析1994-2003台灣跨年晚會). Chinese Journal of Communication Research (中華傳播學刊) (3) 37–82.
- Liestol, G., Morrison, A. and Rasmussen, T. (eds) (2003) Digital Media Revisited: Theoretical and Conceptual Innovation in Digital Domains. MIT Press.
- Liff, S. and Steward, F. (2003) Shaping e-Access in the Cybercafe: Networks, Boundaries and Heterotopian Innovation. New Media & Society 5: 313-334.
- Lin, W.-Y. and Dutton, W.H. (2003) The 'Net' Effect in Politics: The 'Stop the Overlay' Campaign in Los Angeles. Party Politics 9 (1) 124-136.
- Margetts, H. (2003) Electronic Government: A Revolution in Public Administration. In: G.Peters and J.Pierre (eds) Handbook of Public Administration. Sage.
- Margetts, H. and Yared, H. (2003) Incentivization of e-government. Article to accompany NAO report: 'Transforming the performance of HM Customs and Excise through Electronic Service Delivery'. London: The Stationery Office.
- Margetts, H., Dunleavy, P., Bastow, S. and Tinkler, J. (2003) Leaders and Followers: E-government, Policy Innovation and Policy Transfer in the European Union. Paper presented at the EUSA Conference, Nashville, TN, 27 March 2003.