These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2326 - 2350 of 2691 publications found.
- Currah, A. (2003) Digital effects in the spatial economy of film: towards a research agenda. Area 35 (1) 64-73.
- Currah, A. (2003) The virtual geographies of retail display. Journal of Consumer Culture 3 (1) 5-37.
- David, P. and Spence, M. (2003) Towards institutional infrastructures for e-Science: the scope of the challenge. Oxford Internet Institute Research Report No. 2, University of Oxford.
- David, P.A. (2003) The Economic Logic of 'Open Science' and the Balance between Private Property Rights and the Public Domain in Scientific Data and Information: A Primer. In: P.Uhlir and J. Esanu (eds) National Research Council on the Role of the Public Domain in Science. Washington, DC: National Academy Press.
- David, P.A. and Wright, G. (2003) General Purpose Technologies and Surges in Productivity: Historical Reflections on the Future of the ICT Revolution. In: P.A.David and M.Thomas (eds) The Economic Future in Historical Perspective, Chapter 4. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press for The British Academy.
- Dingli, A., Ciravegna, F. and Wilks, Y. (2003) Automatic Semantic Annotation using Unsupervised Information Extraction and Integration. In: Skuppin (ed.) Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Knowledge Capture (KCAP03), 23-26 October 2003.
- Dunleavy, P., Margetts, H., Bastow, S. and Tinkler, J. (2003) E-government and Policy Innovation in Seven Liberal Democracies. Presented at the Political Studies Association's Annual Conference, University of Leicester, 15-17 April 2003.
- Dunleavy, P., Margetts, H., Bastow, S., Bouçek, F. and Campbell, R. (2003) Difficult Forms: How government agencies interact with citizens. Report by the Comptroller and Auditor General, HC 1145 Session 2002-2003, 31 October 2003.
- Dutton, W.H. (2003) Information Society. In: D.H.Johnston (ed.) Encyclopedia of International Media and Communications (Vol. 2). London: Academic Press, pp. 407-418.
- Dutton, W.H. (2003) The Internet and Society. In: C.E.Barfield, G.Heiduk and P.J.J.Welfens (eds) Internet, Economic Growth and Globalization: Perspectives on the New Economy in Europe, Japan and the US. London: Springer, pp. 311-322.
- Dutton, W.H. and Nainoa, F. (2003) The Social Dynamics of Wireless on September 11: Reconfiguring Access. In: A.M.Noll (ed.) Crisis Communications: Lessons from September 11. New York, Oxford: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., pp. 69-81.
- Dutton, W.H. and Shepherd, A. (2003) Trust in the Internet: the social dynamics of an experience technology. Oxford Internet Institute Research Report No. 3, University of Oxford.
- Dutton, W.H., Gillett, S.E., McKnight, L.W. and Peltu, M. (2003) Broadband Internet: the power to reconfigure access. Oxford Internet Institute Forum Discussion Paper No. 1, University of Oxford.
- Dutton, W.H., Rose, R. and Shepherd, A. (2003) How much is enough for the Internet? Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford.
- Edelman, B. (2003) Filtering Spam: New Perspectives on the False-Positive / False-Negative Trade-off. Presented at 'Filtering Spam: New Perspectives on the False-Positive / False-Negative Trade-off', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 18 June 2003.
- Edelman, B. (2003) Filtering Spam: New Perspectives on the False-Positive / False-Negative Trade-off. Notes from seminar 'Filtering Spam: New Perspectives on the False-Positive / False-Negative Trade-off', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 18 June 2003.
- Eynon, R. (2003) IT skills and the use of the web in teaching and learning: the student experience. Paper presented at the conference of the Centre for Learning and Teaching - Information and Computer Sciences, part of the LTSN, July 2003, Leeds, UK.
- Eynon, R., Perryer, G. and Walmsley, A.D. (2003) Dental undergraduate expectations and opinions of Web-based courseware to supplement traditional teaching methods. European Journal of Dental Education 7 (3) 103-110.
- Facer, K., Furlong, J., Furlong, R. and Sutherland, R. (2003) Screenplay; children and computing in the home. London: Routledge.
- Ferrazzi, D., De Cindio, F., Besselaar, P. van den and Oostveen, A. (2003) Poll Results: organization, results and evaluation. TruE-Vote Deliverable 6, TRUE-VOTE IST -2000-29424.
- Finholt, T.A. (2003) Collaboratories as a new form of scientific organization. Economics of Innovation and New Technology 12: 5-25.
- Floridi, L. (2003) On the Intrinsic Value of Information Objects and the Infosphere. Ethics and Information Technology 4 (4) 287-304.
- Floridi, L. (2003) The Renaissance of Epistemology: 1914-1945. In Thomas Baldwin (ed.) The Cambridge History of Philosophy 1870–1945. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Floridi, L. (2003) Two Approaches to the Philosophy of Information. Minds and Machines 13 (4) 459-469.
- Foster, I. (2003) The Grid: Computing without bounds. Scientific American 288 (4) 78.