These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2326 - 2350 of 2617 publications found.
- Brown, I. (2002) FIPR response to the Cabinet Office's consultation on e-democracy. December 2002.
- Brown, I. (2002) Securing prioritised emergency traffic. IETF draft, May 2002.
- Brown, I. (2002) Standards bodies' approaches to wiretapping requirements. ACM Computers, Freedom and Privacy, San Francisco: ACM Press.
- Brown, I. (2002) The march of the marketeers: invasive advertising and the Internet. British Association Festival of Science, Leicester, September 2002.
- Brown, I. (2002) The use and abuse of "cybercrime". Beyond the Backlash, London, November 2002.
- Brown, I., Crowcroft, J., Handley, M. and Cain, B. (2002) Internet Multicast Tomorrow. The Internet Protocol Journal 5 (4).
- Catizone, R., Setzer, A., Webb, N. and Wilks, Y. (2002) Very large-scale multilingual Information Extraction. Proceedings of Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2002), Las Palmas, 29-31 May 2002.
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2002) Globalization and Technology: How Will They Change Society? Technology in Society 24: 191-206.
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2002) Index of Governance: A Model for Measuring Governance in Thailand. The Sixth International Research Symposium on Public Management (IRSPM VI), University of Edinburgh Management School, April 2002, Edinburgh, UK.
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2002) The E-learning Growth Model, Globalization and Localization Enmeshed: Searching for a Balance in Education. Faculty of Education, Chulalongkorn University (Bangkok, Thailand).
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2002) The optimal quantity of e-learning in a society. The 2002 International Applied Business Research Conference, March 2002, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
- Ciravegna, F., Dingli, A., Petrelli, D. and Wilks, Y. (2002) Document Annotation via Adaptive Information Extraction. 25th Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, Tampere, Finland, 11-15 August 2002.
- Ciravegna, F., Dingli, A., Petrelli, D. and Wilks, Y. (2002) User-System Cooperation in Document Annotation based on Information Extraction. In: A.Gomez-Perez and R.Benjamins (eds) Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management (Ontologies and the Semantic Web).
- Ciravegna, F., Dingli, A., Wilks, Y. and Petrelli, D. (2002) Timely and Non-Intrusive Active Document Annotation via Adaptive Information Extraction. Proceedings of the ECAI Workshop on Semantic Authoring, Annotation & Knowledge Markup, Lyon, France.
- Clough, P., Gaizauskas, R., Piao, S. and Wilks, Y. (2002) Measuring Text Reuse. Proceedings of ACL 2002, Philadelphia, PA.
- Cova, A., Besselaar, P. van den and Oostveen, A. (2002) Guide for the internet polls. Deliverable D5.0, TRUE-VOTE IST-2000-29424.
- Cova, A., Besselaar, P. van den and Oostveen, A. (2002) Questionnaires and voting sessions check-list. Deliverable D5.1, TRUE-VOTE IST-2000-29424.
- Currah, A. (2002) Behind the web store: the organizational and spatial evolution of multi-channel retailing in Toronto. Environment and Planning A 34 (8) 1411-1441.
- De Meer, H., O'Hanlon, P., Feher, G., Blefari-Melazzi, N., Tschofenig, H., Karagiannis, G., Partain, D., Rexhepi, V. and Westberg, L. (2002) Analysis of existing qos solutions. IETF Internet Draft.
- Dunleavy, P. and Margetts, H. (2002) Government on the Web II. London: The Stationery Office, 2002, HC764.
- Dunleavy, P. and Margetts, H. (2002) Mixed electoral systems in Britain and the Jenkins Commission on electoral reform. The British Journal of Politics and International Relations 2002 (1) 12-38.
- Dutton, W.H. and Lin, W.-Y. (2002) E-Democracy: A Case Study of Web-Orchestrated Cyberadvocacy. In: J.Armitage and J.Roberts (eds) Living with CyberSpace: Technology and Society in the 21st Century. London: The Athlone Press.
- Dutton, W.H. and Nainoa, F. (2002) Say Goodbye...Let's Roll: The Social Dynamics of Wireless Networks on September 11. Prometheus 20 (3) 237-245.
- Eder, K., Giesen, B., Schmidtke, O. and Tambini, D. (2002) Collective Identities in Action: A Sociological Approach to Ethnicity. Ashgate.
- Eynon, R. (2002) The use of the world wide web in teaching and learning. Paper presented at the conference of the Centre for Learning and Teaching - Sociology, Anthropology and Politics, part of the Learning and Teaching Support Network (LTSN) Birmingham, UK.