These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2326 - 2350 of 2759 publications found.
- Liff, S. (2004) Critical Perspectives on the World Summit on the Information Society: Civil Society Participation and Issues [Issues for Future Seminars]. Presented at 'Reflections on the Civil Society Agenda', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 10 December 2004.
- Liff, S. (2004) Critical Perspectives on the World Summit on the Information Society: Civil Society Participation and Issues. Presented at 'Reflections on the Civil Society Agenda', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 10 December 2004.
- Lunenfeld, P. (2004) Media Design: New and Improved without the New. New Media & Society 6: 65-70
- Martin, U., Liff, S., Dutton, W.H. and Light, A. (2004) Rocket science or social science? Involving women in the creation of computing. Oxford Internet Institute Forum Discussion Paper No. 3, University of Oxford.
- Meyer, E.T. (2004) Digital Photography as a Computerization Movement: Communication regimes and social change. Paper presented at the Annual Doctoral Research Forum, School of Library and Information Science, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN.
- Mueller, M. (2004) Civil Society and the Shaping of Information and Communication Policy. Presented at 'Civil Society and the Shaping of Information and Communication Policy', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 26 July 2004.
- Nash, V., Dutton, W.H. and Peltu, M. (2004) Innovative pathways to the next level of e-learning. Oxford Internet Institute Forum Discussion Paper No. 2, University of Oxford.
- Oostveen, A. (2004) Ask No Questions and Be Told No Lies. Security of computer-based voting systems: trust and perceptions. Paper presented at the 13th EICAR Annual Conference: Technical, Legal and Social Aspects of IT Security. Grand-Duché of Luxembourg, 1-4 May 2004.
- Oostveen, A. (2004) E-voting: participation, turnout and digital divide. Paper presented at the 6th German Online Research Conference 2004. University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany. 30-31 March 2004.
- Oostveen, A. and van den Besselaar, P. (2004) Ask No Questions and Be Told No Lies: Security of Computer-Based Voting Systems, Users' Trust and Perceptions. EICAR 2004 Conference.
- Oostveen, A. and van den Besselaar, P. (2004) From Small Scale to Large Scale User Participation: A Case Study of Participatory Design in E-government Systems. In: A.Clement, F.de Cindio, A.Oostveen, D.Schuler and P.van den Besselaar (eds) Artful Integration: Interweaving Media, Materials and Practices (Toronto), pp. 173-182.
- Oostveen, A. and van den Besselaar, P. (2004) Internet Voting Technologies and Civic Participation: The Users' Perspective. Javnost 11 (1) 61-78.
- Oostveen, A. and van den Besselaar, P. (2004) Security as Belief. Users Perceptions on the Security of Electronic Voting Systems. In: A.Prosser and R.Krimmer (eds) Electronic Voting in Europe: Technology, Law, Politics and Society. Lecture Notes in Informatics, vol. P-47 (Gesellschaft fur Informatik: Bonn), pp. 73-82.
- Orlikowski, W. (2004) Technology at Work: Some Perspectives from Research. Presented at 'Technology at Work: Some Perspectives from Research', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 21 April 2004.
- Padovani, C. and Tuzzi, A. (2004) International political communication and the role of civil society: words and networks in the World Summit on the Information Society. Reflections on governance, participation and the changing scope of political action. Presented at 'Reflections on the Civil Society Agenda', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 10 December 2004.
- Pastra, E. and Wilks, Y. (2004) Vision-Language Integration in AI: a reality check. Proceedings of the 16th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI'04), Valencia, Spain, pp. 937-941.
- Pastra, K. and Wilks, Y. (2004) Image-Language Multimodal Corpora: needs, lacunae and an AI synergy for annotation. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC'04), Lisbon, Portugal, 26-28 May 2004.
- Pickerill, J. (2004) Rethinking political participation: Experiments in internet activism in Australia and Britain. In: Gibson, R., Roemmele, A. and Ward, S. (eds) Electronic Democracy: Mobilisation, Organisation and Participation via new ICTs. London: Routledge.
- Saggion, H., Cunningham, H., Bontcheva, K., Maynard, D., Hamza, O. and Wilks, Y. (2004) Multimedia Indexing through Multisource and Multilingual Information Extraction; the MUMIS project. Data and Knowledge Engineering 48 (2) 247-264.
- Schroeder, R. and Heldal, I. (2004) The Usability of Shared Virtual Environments: A Comparison of Three Studies and Outlook on the Future. Proceedings of Designing and Evaluating Virtual Reality Systems Workshop, 22-23 January 2004, Nottingham.
- Schroeder, R., Spante, M., Axelsson, A.-S. and Christie, M. (2004) How Putting Yourself into the Other Person's Virtual Shoes Enhances Collaboration. Proceedings of Presence 2004, Valencia, pp. 190-196.
- Schulz, W. and Ziewitz, M. (2004) Extending the Access Obligation to EPGs and Service Platforms? In: W.Closs and S.Nikolzchev (eds) Regulating Access to Digital Television: Technical Bottlenecks, Vertically-integrated Markets and new Forms of Media Concentration (IRIS Special) S47-58.
- Tai, K. et al. (2004) BioSimGrid: towards a worldwide repository for biomolecular simulations. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry 2: 3219-3221.
- Thelwall, M. (2004) Interpreting Social Science Link Analysis Research: A Theoretical Framework. Presented at 'A social science approach for interpreting hyperlink analyses', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 8 December 2004.
- Thelwall, M. (2004) Link analysis: An information science approach. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.