These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2326 - 2350 of 2860 publications found.
- Wilks, Y. (2005) Artificial companions. Interdisciplinary Science Reviews 30 (2) 145-152.
- Wilks, Y. (2005) Unhappy Bedfellows: the Relationship of AI and IR. In: J.I.Tait (ed.) Charting a New Course: Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval: Essays in Honour of Karen Sparck Jones. Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, UK, pp. 255-282.
- Wilks, Y. (2005) What would a Wittgensteinian Linguistics be like? Proceedings of the International Conference on Pragmatics, Lake Garda.
- Wilks, Y. and Tait, J. (2005) A Retrospective View of Synonymy and Semantic Classification. In: J.Tait (ed.) Charting a new course: Natural Language Processing and Information Retrieval. Essays in honour of Karen Sparck Jones. Amsterdam: Kluwer.
- Wilks, Y., Webb, N., Setzer, A., Hepple, M. and Catizone, R. (2005) Human dialogue modelling using machine learning. In: N.Nicolov, K.Bontcheva, G.Angelova and R.Mitkov (eds) Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing III. Current Issues in Linguistic Theory 260. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- Willard, T. and Andjelkovic, M. (eds) (2005) A Developing Connection: Bridging the Policy Gap between the Information Society and Sustainable Development. International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD).
- Williams, H. (2005) Driving the Public Policy Debate: Internet Governance and Development. In: Drake, W.J. (ed.) Reforming Internet Governance. New York, NY: United Nations.
- Williams, H. (2005) Internet and Development: exploring the Issues. Communications and Strategies.
- Woods, C.J. et al. (2005) Grid Computing and Biomolecular Simulation. Philosophical Transactions A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences 363: 2017-2035.
- Wright, A. (2005) Coregulation of Fixed and Mobile Internet Content. Paper presented at conference: 'Safety and Security in a Networked World: Balancing Cyber-rights and Responsibilities', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 8-10 September 2005.
- Wright, J., Stepney, S., Clark, J.A. and Jacob, J. (2005) Formalizing Anonymity: A Review. University of York Technical (Yellow) Report. University of York, Heslington, York. YO10 5DD. UK.
- [Author Unknown] (2004) The economics of public sector information. Advisory Panel on Crown Copyright, First Annual Seminar, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 18 March 2004.
- Abdel-Sattar, N. (2004) The Internet as a news medium: a comparative study of bbcarabic.com and aljazeera.net coverage of the Iraq War. MA Dissertation. Leicester: Leicester University.
- Allan, R. et al. (2004) A New Agenda for e-Democracy. Position Papers presented at 'A New Agenda for e-Democracy' Forum, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 7 May 2004.
- Atkins, D. (2004) The Cyberinfrastructure Movement and the Potential for Revolutionizing Science / Engineering Research and Education. Presented at 'Cyberinfrastructures', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 5 July 2004.
- Ayfer, R. et al. (2004) Women in Computing Professions: Will the Internet Make a Difference? Position papers for 'Women in Computing Professions: Will the Internet Make a Difference?', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 17 June 2004.
- Besselaar, P. van den, Heimeriks, G., Vasileiadou, E. and Oostveen, A. (2004) Web and non-web based indicators of the new knowledge-based economy. Deliverable to the European Commission. EICSTES IST-1999-20350.
- Blank, G. (2004) A Sociology of Choice. Annual meeting of the Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics. Washington DC. July 9, 2004.
- Blank, G. (2004) Teaching Qualitative Data Analysis to Graduate Students. Social Science Computer Review 22: 187-196.
- Blank, G. (2004) Toward a Sociological Theory of Choice. Annual meeting to the American Sociological Association. San Francisco CA. August 14, 2004.
- Blank, G. and Holland, M.E. (2004) Perceived Effects of Popular Culture and Censorship of Youth. Annual meeting of the Society for the Study of Social Problems. San Francisco CA. August 2004.
- Blank, G. and Rasmussen, K.B. (2004) The Data Documentation Initiative: The Value and Significance of a World-Wide Standard. Social Science Computer Review 22: 307-318.
- Bozhankova, R. (2004) Alfabety postmodernizmu. Na tropach Modernizmu I Postmodernizmu (Sofia).
- Brewster, C., Alani, H., Dasmahapatra, S. and Wilks, Y. (2004) Companions: a new paradigm for agents. Proceedings of the International AMI Workshop, IDIAP, Martigny, Switzerland.
- Brewster, C., Alani, H., Dasmahapatra, S. and Wilks, Y. (2004) Data-driven Ontology Evaluation. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC'04), Lisbon, Portugal, 26-28 May 2004.