These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
126 - 150 of 2689 publications found.
- Meyer, E.T., Carroll, J., and Phillips, K. (2014) Bottling Inspiration: Shoot Smart Swindon Final Project Report. London: Into Film.
- Meyer, E.T., Rauer, U. (2014). Big Data for Advancing Dementia Research. Paper presented at OECD Workshop "Addressing dementia research and care: Can big data help?" Ontario Brain Institute, Toronto, Canada, 15 September 2014.
- Mittelstadt, B., N.B. Fairweather, N. McBride, and M. Shaw (2014) The Ethical Implications of Personal Health Monitoring. International Journal of Technoethics 5(2).
- Nash, V. (2014) The Politics of Children's Internet Use. In Graham, M., and Dutton, W. H. (eds) Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Nash, V., O'Connell, R., Zevenbergen, B., and Mishkin, A. (2014) Effective age verification techniques: Lessons to be learnt from the online gambling industry. Final Report.
- Newman, N., Dutton, W.H. and Blank, G. (2014) Social media and the news. In Mark Graham and William H. Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- O'Hanlon, P., Wright, J. and Brown, I. (2014) Privacy at the Link Layer. In W3C/IAB workshop on Strengthening the Internet Against Pervasive Monitoring (STRINT).
- Oostveen, A. (2014) Non-use of Automated Border Control Systems: Identifying Reasons and Solutions. 28th British Human Computer Interaction Conference (HCI 2014). Sand, Sea and Sky - Holiday HCI, 9-12 September 2014, Southport.
- Oostveen, A., M. Kaufmann, E. Krempel and G. Grasemann (2014) Automated Border Control: A Comparative Usability Study At Two European Airports. Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction (IHCI) 2014 Conference 15-17 July, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Oostveen, A., P. Aalto, D. Dimitrova, M. Hendow, A. Kraler, P. Lehtonen, and F. Zampagni (2014) Socio-ethical, legal, political, and privacy aspects (Version 1). FastPass Deliverable 2.3. FastPass - A harmonized, modular reference system for all European automated border crossing points, FP7-SEC-2012-1.
- Oostveen, A., Vasalou, A., Besselaar, P. v.d. and Brown, I. (2014) Child Location Tracking in the US and the UK: Same Technology, Different Social Implications. Surveillance and Society 12 (4) pp.581-593.
- Paverd, A., Martin, A. and Brown, I. (2014) Security and Privacy in Smart Grid Demand Response Systems. In J. Cuellar (Ed.) SmartGridSec 2014, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 8448, pp. 1-15.
- Prandini, M., Sartori, L. and Oostveen, A. (2014) Why Electronic Voting? International Conference for e-Democracy and Open Government (CeDEM Asia 2014), 4-5 December 2014, Hong Kong.
- Przybylski A.K., Mishkin, A.F., Shotbolt, V., and Linington, S. (2014) A Shared Responsibility: Building Children's Online Resilience. Digital Families Conference, London, UK. October 2014.
- Przybylski, A. K. (2014). Electronic Gaming and Psychosocial Adjustment. Pediatrics, 134(3), 1-7. doi: 10.1542/peds.2013-4021
- Przybylski, A.K. (2014) Mixed Views on Tax Relief for Video Game Developers. YouGov Report. May 2014.
- Przybylski, A.K. (2014) Who believes electronic games cause real-world aggression? Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking 17 (4) 228-234.
- Przybylski, A.K., Deci, E.L., Rigby, C.S., and Ryan, R. M. (2014) Competence-impeding electronic games and players' aggressive feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 106 (3) 441-457.
- Rauer, U. (2014) Associating Internet use and health outcomes. Pecha Kucha presentation at ESRC Summer Conference, Oxford, 24 June 2014.
- Rauer, U. (2014) Informational and emotional elements in online support groups: a Bayesian approach to large-scale content analysis. Poster presented at BSA Medical Sociology conference, Birmingham, 10-12 September 2014.
- Rauer, U. (2014) Internet use and health outcomes: a mixed methods approach using spatial microsimulation and interviews. Social Science Research Methods Workshop series, Oxford, 2 June 2014.
- Rauer, U. (2014) Internet use and health outcomes: using secondary data for spatial microsimulation. Poster presented at 6th ESRC Research Methods Festival, Oxford, 8-10 July 2014. Best poster award.
- Samoilenko, A. and Yasseri, T. (2014) The distorted mirror of Wikipedia: a quantitative analysis of Wikipedia coverage of academics. EPJ Data Science 3 (1). doi:10.1140/epjds20
- Schroeder, R. (2014) Big Data, Big Brother, and Social Science. University of Luxembourg, February 2014.
- Schroeder, R. (2014) Big Data: Towards a More Scientific Social Science and Humanities. In Mark Graham and William H Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.