These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
126 - 150 of 2776 publications found.
- Eccles, K. (2014) Crowdsourcing in the Arts and Humanities: Interdisciplinary approaches. Presented at 'Promoting Interdisciplinary Engagement in the Digital Humanities', University of Oxford, February 2014.
- Eccles, K. (2014) Crowdsourcing to understand public interactions with heritage. Presented at 'Sharing is Caring', Copenhagen, April 2014 (Keynote speaker).
- Eccles, K. and Greg, A. (2014) Your Paintings Tagger: Crowdsourcing descriptive metadata for a national virtual collection. In Ridge, M. (ed.) Crowdsourcing our Cultural Heritage. Ashgate.
- Eynon, R. (2014) Measuring outcomes of Internet use. ECREA 5th International Conference, November 2014, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Eynon, R., Gillani, N. and Hjorth, I. (2014) Conceptualizing learning and interaction in MOOCs. Presentation at the ESRC Breaking Boundaries Seminar Series, University of Oxford, UK.
- Eynon, R., Gillani, N., Hjorth, I., and Yasseri, T. (2014) Conceptualising interaction and learning in MOOCs. MOOC Research Initiative. Final Report.
- Eynon, R., Hjorth, I., Gillani, N. and Yasseri, T. (2014) Vote Me Up If You Like My Ideas! Experiences of Learning in a MOOC. International Communications Association Pre-Conference, Innovation in Higher Education: Building a Better Future? May 2014, Seattle, WA.
- Floridi, L. (2014) Information Closure and the Sceptical Objection. Synthese 191 (6) 1037-1050.
- Floridi, L. (2014) The Fourth Revolution - How the infosphere is reshaping human reality. Oxford University Press.
- Floridi, L. (2014) Toleration and the Design of Norms. Science and Engineering Ethics.
- Floridi, L. (forthcoming) Perception and Testimony as Data Providers. Logique et Analyse.
- Ford, H. (2014) Big Data and Small: Collaborations between ethnographers and data scientists. Big Data and Society 1 (2). doi 10.1177/2053951714544337
- Ford, H. (2014) Infoboxes and cleanup tags: Artifacts of Wikipedia news making. Journalism: Theory, Practice and Criticism.
- Foster, C. (2014) Does Quality Matter for Innovations in Low Income Markets? The Case of the Kenyan Mobile Phone Sector. Technology in Society 38: 119-129.
- Foster, C.G. and Heeks, R.B. (2014) Nurturing user–producer interaction: inclusive innovation flows in a low-income mobile phone market. Innovation and Development 4 (2) 221-237.
- Friederici, N. (2014) More Art than Science? Exploring the Roles of Technology Innovation Hubs for Urban Regions in Developing Countries. In EU-SPRI Forum Early Career Researcher Conference. Valencia, Spain.
- Friederici, N. (2014). The Business Models of mLabs and mHubs: An Evaluation of infoDev’s Mobile Innovation Support Pilots. Washington, DC: infoDev, World Bank.
- Garcia Gavilanes, R. (2014) Twitter ain't Without Frontiers: Economic, Social, and Cultural Boundaries in International Communication. The 17th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW), 2014 February 15-19, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
- Garcia Gavilanes, R. (2014) Who are my Audiences? A Study of the Evolution of Target Audiences in Microblogs. The 6th International Conference on Social Informatics (SocInfo), 2014 November 10-13, Barcelona, Spain.
- Gillani, N. and Eynon, R. (2014) Communication Patterns in Massively Open Online Courses. The Internet and Higher Education 23: 18-26.
- Gillani, N., Eynon, R., Osborne, M., Hjorth, I., and Roberts, S. (2014) Communication Communities in MOOCs. Working paper.
- Gillani, N., Yasseri, T., Eynon, R., and Hjorth, I. (2014) Structural limitations of learning in a crowd - communication vulnerability and information diffusion in MOOCs. Scientific Reports 4.
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., and Borge-Holthoefer, J. (2014) The Emergence of Roles in Large-Scale Networks of Communication. Submitted.
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., Rivero, A., Borge-Holthoefer, J., and Moreno, Y. (2014) Assessing the bias in samples of large online networks. Social Networks 38: 16–27.
- Graham, M. (2014) Internet Geographies: Data Shadows and Digital Divisions of Labour. In M.Graham and W.H.Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp. 99-116.