These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
126 - 150 of 2617 publications found.
- Taylor, L., Meyer, E.T., and Schroeder, R. (2014) Bigger and better, or more of the same? Emerging practices and perspectives on big data analysis in economics. Big Data and Society.
- Van Deursen, A.J.A.M., Helsper, E.J. and Eynon, R. (2014) Measuring Digital Skills. From Digital Skills to Tangible Outcomes. Project report.
- Vasalou, A, Oostveen, A., Bowers, C., and Beale, R. (2014) Understanding Engagement With The Privacy Domain Through Design Research. Journal of the Association of Information Science and Technology (JASIST).
- Waema, T. and Katua, C. (2014) The Promises of Fibre-Optic Broadband in Tourism and Tea Sectors: A Pipeline for Economic Development in East Africa. Project Report.
- Wang, N., She, J., and Chen, J. (2014) How "big vs" dominate Chinese microblog: a comparison of verified and unverified users on Sina Weibo. ACM Web Science Conference 2014 (WebSci14), Indiana, USA.
- Wright, J. (2014) Regional Variation in Chinese Internet Filtering. Information, Communication & Society 17 (1) 121-141.
- Yasseri, T., Spoerri, A., Graham, M. and Kertész, J. (2014) The most controversial topics in Wikipedia: A multilingual and geographical analysis. In: P.Fichman and N.Hara (eds) Global Wikipedia: International and cross-cultural issues in online collaboration. Rowman & Littlefield, pp. 25-48.
- Zook, M., Graham, M., and Boulton, A. (2014) Crowd-sourced Augmented Realities: Social Media and the Power of Digital Representation. In S.Mains, J.Cupples and C.Lukinbeal (eds) Mediated Geographies International Handbook. New York: Springer.
- Ahonen, T., S. Toivonen, L. Salmela, R. Knapik, M. Ylikauppila, G. Taberski, M. Kulju, A. Oostveen, M. Hendow, M. Jokela, C. Hurrey, G. Grasemann (2014) System Requirements and Evaluation/success criteria. FastPass Deliverable 3.2. A harmonized, modular reference system for all European automated border crossing points, FP7-SEC-2012-1.
- Andersen, M.S., Brown, I., Krontiris, I., Preibusch, S., Sasse, M.A., Shilton, K. and Spiekermann, S. (2013) Social Justice by Design, Dagstuhl Reports, Vol. 3, Issue 7, pp. 92–96
- Baños, R.A., Borge-Holthoefer, J., Wang, N., Moreno, Y., and González-Bailón, S. (2013) Diffusion Dynamics with Changing Network Composition. Entropy 15 (11) 4553-4568.
- Barjak, F., Eccles, K., Meyer, E.T., Robinson, S. and Schroeder, R. (2013) The Emerging Governance of e-Infrastructure. Journal of Computer Mediated Communication 18 (2) 1-24.
- Blank, G. (2013) Blurring the boundaries: New social media, new social science. International Journal of Market Research 55 (3) 461-464. DOI:10.2501/IJMR-2013-000.
- Blank, G. (2013) Social stratification and content production: A response. Information, Communication & Society 16. DOI:10.1080/1369118X.2013.804142.
- Blank, G. (2013) Who produces content? Stratification and content production on the Internet. Information, Communication & Society 16: 590-612. DOI:10.1080/1369118X.2013.777758
- Blank, G. and Dutton, W.H. (2013) Next Generation Internet Users: Digital divides, choices, and inequalities. In M. Graham and W.H. Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Bolsover, G. (2013) News in China's New Information Environment: Dissemination Patterns, Opinion Leaders and News Commentary on Weibo. Paper presented at the Chinese Internet Research Conference, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 15 June 2013.
- Bolsover, G., Dutton, W.H., Law, G., and Dutta, S. (2013) Social Foundations of the Internet in China and the New Internet World: A Cross-National Comparative Perspective. Paper presented at China and the New Internet World, an International Communication Association (ICA) Preconference, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 14 June 2013.
- Borge-Holthoefer, Javier, Baños, Raquel A., Gonzalez-Bailon, Sandra and Moreno, Yamir (2013) Cascading Behaviour in Complex Socio-Technical Networks. Journal of Complex Networks.
- Bright, J., and Agustina, J. (2013) Mediating Surveillance: The Developing Landscape of European Online Copyright Enforcement. Journal of Contemporary European Research 9 (1) 120-137.
- Brown, I. (2013) Big data and privacy. Freedom Online, Tunis, 17 June 2013.
- Brown, I. (2013) Britain's smart meter programme: a case study in privacy by design. BCS/OII Workshop on the Internet of Things, London, 14 February 2013.
- Brown, I. (2013) Britain's smart meter programme: A case study in privacy by design. International Review of Law, Computers & Technology, Volume 28, issue 2, pp.172-184.
- Brown, I. (2013) Can the law control Digital Leviathan? Society for Computers and Law Annual Policy Forum, London, 12 September 2013.
- Brown, I. (2013) Consumers and copyright enforcement, Cambridge Symposium on Economic Crime, 3 September 2013