These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
101 - 125 of 2699 publications found.
- Foster, C. (2014) Does Quality Matter for Innovations in Low Income Markets? The Case of the Kenyan Mobile Phone Sector. Technology in Society 38: 119-129.
- Foster, C.G. and Heeks, R.B. (2014) Nurturing user–producer interaction: inclusive innovation flows in a low-income mobile phone market. Innovation and Development 4 (2) 221-237.
- Friederici, N. (2014) More Art than Science? Exploring the Roles of Technology Innovation Hubs for Urban Regions in Developing Countries. In EU-SPRI Forum Early Career Researcher Conference. Valencia, Spain.
- Friederici, N. (2014). The Business Models of mLabs and mHubs: An Evaluation of infoDev’s Mobile Innovation Support Pilots. Washington, DC: infoDev, World Bank.
- Gillani, N. and Eynon, R. (2014) Communication Patterns in Massively Open Online Courses. The Internet and Higher Education 23: 18-26.
- Gillani, N., Eynon, R., Osborne, M., Hjorth, I., and Roberts, S. (2014) Communication Communities in MOOCs. Working paper.
- Gillani, N., Yasseri, T., Eynon, R., and Hjorth, I. (2014) Structural limitations of learning in a crowd - communication vulnerability and information diffusion in MOOCs. Scientific Reports 4.
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., and Borge-Holthoefer, J. (2014) The Emergence of Roles in Large-Scale Networks of Communication. Submitted.
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., Rivero, A., Borge-Holthoefer, J., and Moreno, Y. (2014) Assessing the bias in samples of large online networks. Social Networks 38: 16–27.
- Graham, M. (2014) Internet Geographies: Data Shadows and Digital Divisions of Labour. In M.Graham and W.H.Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press, pp. 99-116.
- Graham, M. (2014) The Knowledge Based Economy and Digital Divisions of Labour. In V.Desai, and R.Potter (eds) Companion to Development Studies, 3rd edn. Hodder, pp. 189-195.
- Graham, M. and Haarstad, H. (2014) Open Development through Open Consumption: The Internet of Things, User-Generated Content and Economic Transparency. In M.L. Smith and K.M.A. Reilly (eds) Open Development: Networked Innovations in International Development. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Graham, M. and Hjorth, I. (2014) Economic activity gone virtual: What does it mean for Development? Invited talk at DIFD's 2nd Digital for Development Showcase, Department of International Development, Whitehall, UK.
- Graham, M. and Hogan, B. (2014) Uneven Openness: Barriers to MENA Representation on Wikipedia. Report. Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, UK.
- Graham, M., and Dutton, W. H. (eds) (2014) Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Graham, M., and Zook, M. 2014. Augmentierte Geographien: Zur digitalen Erfahrung des städtischen Alltags. Geographische Rundschau (65) 6. 18-25.
- Graham, M., Foster, C.G. (2014) Geographies of Information Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa. Presented at the Round Table on Inclusion in the Network Society - Mapping Development Alternatives, Forging Research Agendas, Bengaluru, India.
- Graham, M., Hogan, B., Straumann, R.K., and Medhat, A. (2014) Uneven Geographies of User-Generated Information: Patterns of Increasing Informational Poverty. Annals of the Association of American Geographers 104 (4): 746-764.
- Groselj, D. (2014) A Webometrics Analysis of Online Health Information: Sponsorship, Platform Type and Link Structures. Online Information Review 38 (2) 209-231. DOI: 10.1108/OIR-01-2013-0011
- Hale, S.A. (2014) Global Connectivity and Multilinguals in the Twitter Network. In Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI'14, ACM.
- Hale, S.A., John, P., Margetts, H., and Yasseri, T. (2014) Investigating Political Participation and Social Information Using Big Data and a Natural Experiment. APSA 2014 Annual Meeting Paper.
- Hale, S.A., Yasseri, T., Cowls, J., Meyer, E.T., Schroeder, R., and Margetts, H. (2014) Mapping the UK webspace: Fifteen years of British universities on the web. ACM WebSci'14, Bloomington, Indiana.
- Hammett, D., Twyman, K.C., and Graham, M. (2014) Research in Development. London: Routledge.
- Heeks, R.B., Foster C.G. and Nugroho, Y. (2014) New models of inclusive innovation for development. Introduction to special issue on New Models of Inclusive Innovation for Development. Innovation and Development 4 (2) 175-185.
- Helsper, E. J. (2014) Differences in Operationalising Digital Literacy and Resilience Cross-Culturally. ECREA 5th International Conference, November 2014, Lisbon, Portugal.