These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
76 - 100 of 2846 publications found.
- Taddeo, M. (forthcoming) The Moral Value of Information and Information Ethics. In L. Floridi (ed.) The Routledge Handbook of Philosophy of Information, Routledge.
- Taddeo, M. (forthcoming) The Struggle Between Liberties and Authorities in the Information Age. Science and Engineering Ethics.
- Taylor, L., Cowls, J., Schroeder, R., and Meyer, E.T. (2014) Big Data and Positive Change in the Developing World. Policy & Internet 6 (4) 418-444.
- Tsvetkova, M. and Macy, M.W. (2015) The social contagion of antisocial behavior. Sociological Science 2: 36-49.
- Tsvetkova, M. and Macy, M.W. (2015) The contagion of prosocial behavior and the emergence of voluntary contribution communities. International Conference on Computational Social Science, Helsinki, Finland.
- Tsvetkova, M. and Macy, M.W. (2015) The contagion of prosocial behavior and the emergence of voluntary-contribution communities. In Bruno Gonçalves and Nicola Perra (eds) Social Phenomena: From Data Analysis to Models, pp. 125–143.
- Tsvetkova, M., Nilsson, O., Öhman, C., Sumpter, L., and Sumpter, D. (2015) Experimental evidence for the Schelling segregation model. International Conference on Computational Social Science, Helsinki, Finland.
- Van Deursen, A.J.A.M., Helsper, E.J. and Eynon, R. (2015) Development and validation of the internet skills scale (ISS). Information, Communication and Society. doi: 10.1080/1369118X.2015.1078834
- Vasalou, A, Oostveen, A., Bowers, C., and Beale, R. (2015) Understanding engagement with the privacy domain through design research. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 66 (6) 1263-1273.
- Wajcman, J (2015) Pressed for Time: The Acceleration of Life in Digital Capitalism. University of Chicago Press.
- Wood A.J (2015) Book Review: "After Occupy: Economic Democracy for the 21st Century". Work, Employment and Society 29(5): 884-886.
- Wood A.J and Burchell B.J (2015) Zero Hours Employment: A New Temporality of Capitalism? Reviews & Critical Commentary (CritCom), 16th September.
- Yasseri, T. and Bright, J. (2015) Predicting elections from online information flows: towards theoretically informed models.
- Zevenbergen, B., Mittelstadt, B., Véliz, C., Detweiler, C., Cath, C., Savulescu, J. and Whittaker, M. (2015) Philosophy Meets Internet Engineering: Ethics in Networked Systems Research. GTC Workshop Outcomes Paper. September 29, 2015.
- Allagui, I., Graham, M., and Hogan, B. (2014) Wikipedia Arabe et la Construction Collective du Savoir [Wikipedia Arabic and the Collective Construction of Knowledge]. In L.Barbe and L. Merzeau (eds) Wikipedia, objet scientifique non identifie. Paris: Presses Universitaries du Paris Ouest.
- Anwar, M. A. (2104) Everything is coming up roses? Karuturi's farms in Ethiopia. Association of American Geographers Meeting, Tampa, April 2014.
- Anwar, M. A., Carmody, P., Surborg B, and Corcoran, A. (2014) The diffusion and impacts of information and communication technology of tourism in Western Cape, South Africa. Urban Forum. Vol. 25, pp. 531-545.
- Anwar, M.A. (2014) Indian foreign direct investments in Africa: a geographical perspective. Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, No. 26, Toruń: Nicolaus Copernicus University, pp. 35-49.
- Anwar, M.A. (2014) New modes of industrial manufacturing: India's experience with special economic zones. Bulletin of Geography. Socio-economic Series, No. 24, Toruń: Nicolaus Copernicus University Press, pp. 7-25.
- Bellagio Big Data Workshop Participants (2014) Big data and positive social change in the developing world: A white paper for practitioners and researchers. Oxford: Oxford Internet Institute.
- Blank, G. and Dutton, W.H. (2014) Next Generation Internet Users: Digital divides, choices, and inequalities. In Mark Graham and William H. Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Blank, G. and Dutton, W.H. (2014) Next Generation Users: Changing access to the Internet. In Stine Lomborg and Anja Bechmann (eds) The Ubiquitous Internet. Routledge.
- Blank, G. and Groselj, D. (2014) The dimensions of Internet use: Amount, variety and types. Information, Communication & Society 17 (4) 417-435. DOI: 10.1080/1369118X.2014.889189
- Blank, G., Bolsover, G., and Dubois, E. (2014). A New Privacy Paradox: Young people and privacy on social network sites. Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association, 16 - 19 August 2014, San Francisco, California.
- Bolsover, G., Dutton, W. H., Law, G., and Dutta, S. (2014). China and the US in the New Internet World: A Comparative Perspective. In W. H. Dutton and M. Graham (Eds), Society and the Internet: How Information and Social Networks are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.