These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
76 - 100 of 2561 publications found.
- Paverd, A., Martin, A. and Brown, I. (2014) Security and Privacy in Smart Grid Demand Response Systems. In J. Cuellar (Ed.) SmartGridSec 2014, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 8448, pp. 1-15.
- Przybylski, A.K. (2014) Who believes electronic games cause real-world aggression? Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking 17 (4) 228-234.
- Przybylski, A.K., Deci, E.L., Rigby, C.S., and Ryan, R. M. (2014) Competence-impeding electronic games and players' aggressive feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 106 (3) 441-457.
- Samoilenko, A. and Yasseri, T. (2014) The distorted mirror of Wikipedia: a quantitative analysis of Wikipedia coverage of academics. EPJ Data Science 3 (1). doi:10.1140/epjds20
- Shelton, T., Poorthuis, A., Graham, M., and Zook, M. (2014) Mapping the Data Shadows of Hurricane Sandy: Uncovering the Sociospatial Dimensions of 'Big Data'. Geoforum 52: 167-179.
- Slavtcheva-Petkova, V., Nash, V.J., and Bulger, M. (2014) Evidence on the extent of harms experienced by children as a result of online risks: implications for policy and research. Information, Communication & Society.
- Taylor, G. (2014) Scarcity of Attention for a Medium of Abundance: An Economic Perspective. In W. H. Dutton and M. Graham (eds) Society and the Internet: How Information and Social Networks are Changing Our Lives, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK.
- Taylor, L., Meyer, E.T., and Schroeder, R. (2014) Bigger and better, or more of the same? Emerging practices and perspectives on big data analysis in economics. Big Data and Society.
- Vasalou, A, Oostveen, A., Bowers, C., and Beale, R. (2014) Understanding Engagement With The Privacy Domain Through Design Research. Journal of the Association of Information Science and Technology (JASIST).
- Waema, T. and Katua, C. (2014) The Promises of Fibre-Optic Broadband in Tourism and Tea Sectors: A Pipeline for Economic Development in East Africa. Project Report.
- Wang, N., She, J., and Chen, J. (2014) How "big vs" dominate Chinese microblog: a comparison of verified and unverified users on Sina Weibo. ACM Web Science Conference 2014 (WebSci14), Indiana, USA.
- Wright, J. (2014) Regional Variation in Chinese Internet Filtering. Information, Communication & Society 17 (1) 121-141.
- Yasseri, T., Spoerri, A., Graham, M. and Kertész, J. (2014) The most controversial topics in Wikipedia: A multilingual and geographical analysis. In: P.Fichman and N.Hara (eds) Global Wikipedia: International and cross-cultural issues in online collaboration. Scarecrow Press.
- Zook, M., Graham, M., and Boulton, A. (2014) Crowd-sourced Augmented Realities: Social Media and the Power of Digital Representation. In S.Mains, J.Cupples and C.Lukinbeal (eds) Mediated Geographies International Handbook. New York: Springer.
- Ahonen, T., S. Toivonen, L. Salmela, R. Knapik, M. Ylikauppila, G. Taberski, M. Kulju, A. Oostveen, M. Hendow, M. Jokela, C. Hurrey, G. Grasemann (2014) System Requirements and Evaluation/success criteria. FastPass Deliverable 3.2. A harmonized, modular reference system for all European automated border crossing points, FP7-SEC-2012-1.
- Andersen, M.S., Brown, I., Krontiris, I., Preibusch, S., Sasse, M.A., Shilton, K. and Spiekermann, S. (2013) Social Justice by Design, Dagstuhl Reports, Vol. 3, Issue 7, pp. 92–96
- Baños, R.A., Borge-Holthoefer, J., Wang, N., Moreno, Y., and González-Bailón, S. (2013) Diffusion Dynamics with Changing Network Composition. Entropy 15 (11) 4553-4568.
- Barjak, F., Eccles, K., Meyer, E.T., Robinson, S. and Schroeder, R. (2013) The Emerging Governance of e-Infrastructure. Journal of Computer Mediated Communication 18 (2) 1-24.
- Blank, G. (2013) Blurring the boundaries: New social media, new social science. International Journal of Market Research 55 (3) 461-464. DOI:10.2501/IJMR-2013-000.
- Blank, G. (2013) Social stratification and content production: A response. Information, Communication & Society 16. DOI:10.1080/1369118X.2013.804142.
- Blank, G. (2013) Who produces content? Stratification and content production on the Internet. Information, Communication & Society 16: 590-612. DOI:10.1080/1369118X.2013.777758
- Blank, G. and Dutton, W.H. (2013) Next Generation Internet Users: Digital divides, choices, and inequalities. In M. Graham and W.H. Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Bolsover, G. (2013) News in China's New Information Environment: Dissemination Patterns, Opinion Leaders and News Commentary on Weibo. Paper presented at the Chinese Internet Research Conference, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 15 June 2013.
- Bolsover, G., Dutton, W.H., Law, G., and Dutta, S. (2013) Social Foundations of the Internet in China and the New Internet World: A Cross-National Comparative Perspective. Paper presented at China and the New Internet World, an International Communication Association (ICA) Preconference, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 14 June 2013.
- Borge-Holthoefer, Javier, Baños, Raquel A., Gonzalez-Bailon, Sandra and Moreno, Yamir (2013) Cascading Behaviour in Complex Socio-Technical Networks. Journal of Complex Networks.