These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
76 - 100 of 2601 publications found.
- Hale, S., Yasseri, T., Cowls, J., Meyer, E.T., Schroeder, R. and Margetts, H. (2014) Mapping the UK Webspace: Fifteen Years of British Universities on the Web. Paper presented at WebSci 2014, June 23-26 2014, Bloomington, IN.
- Hale, S.A. (2014) Global Connectivity and Multilinguals in the Twitter Network. In Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI'14, ACM.
- Hale, S.A., John, P., Margetts, H., and Yasseri, T. (2014) Investigating Political Participation and Social Information Using Big Data and a Natural Experiment. APSA 2014 Annual Meeting Paper.
- Hale, S.A., Yasseri, T., Cowls, J., Meyer, E.T., Schroeder, R., and Margetts, H. (2014) Mapping the UK webspace: Fifteen years of British universities on the web. ACM WebSci'14, Bloomington, Indiana.
- Hammett, D., Twyman, K.C., and Graham, M. (2014) Research in Development. London: Routledge.
- Hjorth, I. (2014) The social dynamics of crowdfunding. Invited talk at the Departmental Research Seminar Series Computing and Communications, Open University, UK.
- I. Brown (2014) Social media surveillance. In W. Donsbach (ed.) International Encyclopedia of Digital Communication & Society, International Communication Association/Blackwell.
- I. Brown, C. Buckley and D. Harris (2014) Data Protection: Redress mechanisms and their use in the UK. EU Fundamental Rights Agency.
- Iñiguez, G., Török, J., Yasseri, T., Kaski, K., and Kertész, J. (2014) Modeling Social Dynamics in a Collaborative Environment. Submitted.
- Kaufmann, M., E. Krempel, A. Oostveen, D. Dimitrova, and P. Tsormpatzoudi (2014) Concept for usability, acceptance and privacy (Version 1). FastPass Deliverable 2.2. FastPass - A harmonized, modular reference system for all European automated border crossing points, FP7-SEC-2012-1.
- Margetts, H., Hale, S. A., and Yasseri, T. (2014) Big Data and Collective Action. In M.Graham and W.H.Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Meyer, E.T. (2014) Big Data: The Practice and Potential. External Examiner's Special Lecture Series, MPhil in International Development, University of Oxford, February 2014.
- Meyer, E.T. (2014) Examining the Hyphen: The Value of Social Informatics for Research and Teaching. In Rosenbaum, H., Fichman, P. (Eds) Social Informatics: Past, Present and Future. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholarly Publishers, Chapter 3.
- Meyer, E.T. and Schroeder, R. (2014) Knowledge Machines: Digital Transformations of the Sciences and Humanities. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.
- Meyer, E.T., Carroll, J., and Phillips, K. (2014) Bottling Inspiration: Shoot Smart Swindon Final Project Report. London: Into Film.
- Nash, V. (2014) The Politics of Children's Internet Use. In Graham, M., and Dutton, W. H. (eds) Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Nash, V., O'Connell, R., Zevenbergen, B., and Mishkin, A. (2014) Effective age verification techniques: Lessons to be learnt from the online gambling industry. Final Report.
- Newman, N., Dutton, W.H. and Blank, G. (2014) Social media and the news. In Mark Graham and William H. Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- O'Hanlon, P., Wright, J. and Brown, I. (2014) Privacy at the Link Layer. In W3C/IAB workshop on Strengthening the Internet Against Pervasive Monitoring (STRINT).
- Oostveen, A. (2014) Non-use of Automated Border Control Systems: Identifying Reasons and Solutions. 28th British Human Computer Interaction Conference (HCI 2014). Sand, Sea and Sky - Holiday HCI, 9-12 September 2014, Southport.
- Oostveen, A., M. Kaufmann, E. Krempel and G. Grasemann (2014) Automated Border Control: A Comparative Usability Study At Two European Airports. Interfaces and Human Computer Interaction (IHCI) 2014 Conference 15-17 July, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Oostveen, A., P. Aalto, D. Dimitrova, M. Hendow, A. Kraler, P. Lehtonen, and F. Zampagni (2014) Socio-ethical, legal, political, and privacy aspects (Version 1). FastPass Deliverable 2.3. FastPass - A harmonized, modular reference system for all European automated border crossing points, FP7-SEC-2012-1.
- Paverd, A., Martin, A. and Brown, I. (2014) Security and Privacy in Smart Grid Demand Response Systems. In J. Cuellar (Ed.) SmartGridSec 2014, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 8448, pp. 1-15.
- Przybylski, A.K. (2014) Who believes electronic games cause real-world aggression? Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking 17 (4) 228-234.
- Przybylski, A.K., Deci, E.L., Rigby, C.S., and Ryan, R. M. (2014) Competence-impeding electronic games and players' aggressive feelings, thoughts, and behaviors. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 106 (3) 441-457.