These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
76 - 100 of 2697 publications found.
- Brown, I. (2014) Trust in the Cloud. Presented at the Dutch Government Cyber Dialogue, The Hague, 17 January 2014.
- Brown, I. and Korff, D. (2014) Foreign surveillance: law and practice in a global digital environment. European Human Rights Law Review 3: 243-251.
- Capineri, C., Calvino, C., and Romano, A. (2014) Cittadini e istituzioni, i prosumers di informazioni. L'esperienza dei comuni italiani su Twitter. Collana Ladest, University of Siena.
- Cowls, J. (2014) Mapping the UK Webspace: the topology of a national web domain. Presentation to 'Web Archiving and Archived Web — a new Research Method, a new Object of Study?', Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark, June 2014.
- de Cornière, A. and Taylor, G. (2014) Integration and Search Engine Bias. RAND Journal of Economics.
- De Sabbata, S., and Reichenbacher, T. (2014) Computing geographic relevance in mobile information services. Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Context-Awareness in Geographic Information Services (CAGIS 2014). Vienna, Austria, 2014.
- De Sabbata, S., Mizzaro, S., and Reichenbacher, T. (2014) Geographic dimensions of relevance. Journal of Documentation.
- Dougherty, M. and Meyer, E. T. (2014) Community, tools, and practices in web archiving: The state-of-the-art in relation to social science and humanities research needs. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology. doi: 10.1002/asi.23099
- Dubois, E. and Gaffney, D. (2014) The Multiple Facets of Influence. American Behavioural Scientist.
- Dutton, W., Law, G., Bolsover, G., and Dutta, S. (2014) The Internet Trust Bubble: Global Values, Beliefs and Practices Underpinning the Future of Free Expression, Privacy and Security Online.
- Eccles, K. (2014) Crowdsourcing in the Arts and Humanities: Interdisciplinary approaches. Presented at 'Promoting Interdisciplinary Engagement in the Digital Humanities', University of Oxford, February 2014.
- Eccles, K. (2014) Crowdsourcing to understand public interactions with heritage. Presented at 'Sharing is Caring', Copenhagen, April 2014 (Keynote speaker).
- Eccles, K. and Greg, A. (2014) Your Paintings Tagger: Crowdsourcing descriptive metadata for a national virtual collection. In Ridge, M. (ed.) Crowdsourcing our Cultural Heritage. Ashgate.
- Eynon, R. (2014) Measuring outcomes of Internet use. ECREA 5th International Conference, November 2014, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Eynon, R., Gillani, N. and Hjorth, I. (2014) Conceptualizing learning and interaction in MOOCs. Presentation at the ESRC Breaking Boundaries Seminar Series, University of Oxford, UK.
- Eynon, R., Gillani, N., Hjorth, I., and Yasseri, T. (2014) Conceptualising interaction and learning in MOOCs. MOOC Research Initiative. Final Report.
- Eynon, R., Hjorth, I., Gillani, N. and Yasseri, T. (2014) Vote Me Up If You Like My Ideas! Experiences of Learning in a MOOC. International Communications Association Pre-Conference, Innovation in Higher Education: Building a Better Future? May 2014, Seattle, WA.
- Floridi, L. (2014) Information Closure and the Sceptical Objection. Synthese 191 (6) 1037-1050.
- Floridi, L. (2014) The Fourth Revolution - How the infosphere is reshaping human reality. Oxford University Press.
- Floridi, L. (2014) Toleration and the Design of Norms. Science and Engineering Ethics.
- Floridi, L. (forthcoming) Perception and Testimony as Data Providers. Logique et Analyse.
- Ford, H. (2014) Big Data and Small: Collaborations between ethnographers and data scientists. Big Data and Society 1 (2). doi 10.1177/2053951714544337
- Ford, H. (2014) Infoboxes and cleanup tags: Artifacts of Wikipedia news making. Journalism: Theory, Practice and Criticism.
- Foster, C. (2014) Does Quality Matter for Innovations in Low Income Markets? The Case of the Kenyan Mobile Phone Sector. Technology in Society 38: 119-129.
- Foster, C.G. and Heeks, R.B. (2014) Nurturing user–producer interaction: inclusive innovation flows in a low-income mobile phone market. Innovation and Development 4 (2) 221-237.