These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2526 - 2550 of 2691 publications found.
- Crouch, C., Eder, K. and Tambini, D. (2000) Citizenship, Markets, and the State. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Cunningham, H., Bontcheva, K., Tablan, V. and Wilks, Y. (2000) Software Infrastructure for Language Resources: a Taxonomy of Previous Work and a Requirements Analysis. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), Athens, 31 May - 2 June 2000.
- Cunningham, H., Maynard, D., Bontcheva, K., Tablan, V. and Wilks, Y. (2000) Experience of using GATE for NLP R&D. Workshop on Using Toolsets and Architectures To Build NLP Systems at COLING-2000. Luxembourg.
- Dunleavy, P. and Margetts. H. (2000) The Advent of Digital Government: Public Bureaucracy and the State in the Internet Age. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the American Political Science Association, Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, DC, 4 September 2000.
- Dunleavy, P., Margetts, H., Bastow, S. and Tinkler, J. (2000) The Advent of a Digital State and Government-Business Relations. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Political Science Association, London School of Economics and Political Science, London, UK, 10-13 April 2000.
- Eynon, R. and Thomas, H. (2000) Systematic reviews in medical education: an application. Paper presented at the Conference of the Association for Medical Education in Europe, August 2000, Beer Sheva, Israel.
- Floridi, L. (2000) Mathematical Scepticism: the Cartesian View. In A. Kanamori (ed.) Analytic Philosophy and Logic. Philosophy Documentation Center, Bowling Green State University, pp. 217-265.
- González-Bailón, S. (2000) Homo Sociologicus: the Action Guided by Social Norms. Revista Catalana de Sociologia 13.
- Kirstein, P.T., Whelan, E. and Brown, I. (2000) Secure multicast conferencing. Proc. DISCEX 2000, IEEE Computer Society, pp. 54-63.
- Mayer-Schönberger, V. (2000) Impeach the Internet! Loyola Law Review 46.
- Mayer-Schönberger, V., Pilz, M., Reiser, C. and Schmölzer, G. (2000) Signaturverordnung (SigV) - Kommentierte Beilage zum Praxiskommentar Signaturgesetz, Orac.
- Meyer, E.T. (2000) Information Inequality: UCITA, Public Policy and Information Access. Proceedings of the 2000 American Society for Information Science Annual Meeting. Indiana University Rob Kling Center for Social Informatics Working Paper Series, No. WP-00-06.
- Meyer, E.T. (2000) Information Inequality and UCITA. In: D.H.Kraft (Ed.) Proceedings of the 63rd Annual Meeting of the American Society for Information Science (ASIS) 37, Chicago, IL, 13-16 November 2000.
- Meyer, E.T. and Kling, R. (2000) Technology & Unequal Participation: Access to electronic working paper repositories and scholarly participation in elite scientific communities. Paper presented at the American Sociological Association Annual Meeting, Washington, DC.
- Meyer, E.T. and Kling, R. (2000) The Research Divide: Internet Commons, Scholarly Participation and Pre-print Servers. Proceedings of Constituting the Commons: Crafting Sustainable Commons in the New Millennium, the Eighth Conference of the International Association for the Study of Common Property, Bloomington, IN, 31 May - 4 June 2000.
- Rasmussen, T. (2000) Social Theory and Communication Technology. Ashgate.
- Schroeder, R. and Axelsson, A.-S. (2000) Trust in the Core: A Study of Long-term Users of Activeworlds. Presented at Digital Borderlands, a Cybercultural Symposium, Norrköping, Sweden 12-13 May 2000.
- Slater, M., Sadagic, A., Usoh, M. and Schroeder, R. (2000) Small-Group Behavior in a Virtual and Real Environment: A Comparative Study. Presence 9 (1) 37-51.
- Stevenson, M. and Wilks, Y. (2000) Large Vocabulary Word Sense Disambiguation. In: Ravin and Leacock (eds) Polysemy: Theoretical and Computational Approaches.
- Susskind, R. (2000) Transforming the Law. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Wall, D., Eynon, R. and Bullock, A. (2000) An evaluation of risk management training in the West Midlands. Journal of Clinical Governance 8: 191-194.
- Wideström, J., Axelsson, A.-S., Schroeder, R., Nilsson, A. and Abelin, Å. (2000) The Collaborative Cube Puzzle: A Comparison of Virtual and Real Environments. In: Elizabeth Churchill and Martin Reddy (eds) Proceedings of ACM Conference of the Third International Conference on Collaborative Virtual Environments, New York: ACM, pp. 165-172.
- Wideström, J., Axelsson, A.-S., Schroeder, R., Nilsson, A., Heldal, I. and Abelin, Å. (2000) Cubes in the Cube: A Comparison of Virtual and Real Environments. Proceedings of Presence 2000, 3rd International Workshop on Presence, Delft, Netherlands.
- Wilks, Y. (2000) Is Word Sense Disambiguation Just One More NLP Task? Computers and the Humanities 34 (1-2) 235-243.
- Wilks, Y. (2000) Margaret Masterman. In: J.Hutchins (ed.) Early Years in Machine Translation: memoirs and biographies of pioneers. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.