These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2526 - 2550 of 2721 publications found.
- Nirenburg, S. and Wilks, Y. (2001) What's in a symbol: ontology, representation and language. Journal of Experimental and Theoretical Artificial Intelligence 13 (1) 9-23.
- Oostveen, A. and Besselaar, P. van den (2001) Large scale smart card infrastructures: social issues and user involvement. Fasme-Deliverable D3.1, FASME IST-1999-10882.
- Oostveen, A. and van den Besselaar, P. (2001) Linking Databases and Linking Cultures: The Complexity of Concepts in International E-Government. In: B.Schmid, K.Stanoevska-Slabeva and V.Tschammer (eds) Towards the e-Society: e-Business, e-Commerce and e-Government. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp. 765-774.
- Oostveen, A., Hooijen, I., Gasataya, E. and Besselaar, P. van den (2001) Case studies in smart card projects. Fasme-Deliverable D3.2, FASME IST-1999-10882.
- Pickerill, J. (2001) Weaving a green web: Environmental protest and computer mediated communication in Britain. In: Webster, F. (ed.) Culture and Politics in the Information Age. London: Routledge, pp. 142-166.
- Schroeder, R. (2001) Weber, Pynchon and the American Prospect. Max Weber Studies 1 (2) 161-177.
- Schroeder, R., Huxor, A. and Smith, A. (2001) Activeworlds: geography and social interaction in virtual reality. Futures 33 (7) 569-587.
- Schroeder, R., Steed, A., Axelsson, A.-S., Heldal, I., Abelin, Å, Wideström, J., Nilsson, A. and Slater, M. (2001) Collaborating in networked immersive spaces: as good as being there together? Computers & Graphics 25: 781-788.
- Stevenson, M. and Wilks, Y. (2001) The Interaction of Knowledge Sources in Word Sense Disambiguation. Computational Linguistics 27 (3) 321-349.
- Tambini, D. (2001) Nationalism in Italian Politics: The Stories of the Northern League, 1980-2000. Routledge.
- Walton, G. (2001) China's Golden Shield, Corporations and the Development of Surveillance Technology in the People's Republic of China.
- Wilks, Y. (2001) Dennett and Artificial Intelligence: On the same side, and if so, of what? In: Brook and Ross (eds) Dennett among the Scientists. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Wilks, Y. (2001) The 'Fodor' - Fodor Fallacy Bites Back. In: P.Bouillon and F.Busa (eds) The Language of Word Meaning. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Wilks, Y. and Catizone, R. (2001) Lexical Tuning. Proceeding of PACLING 2001. Japan: Kitakyushu.
- Abrar, S., Lovenduski, J. and Margetts, H. (2000) Feminist Ideas and Domestic Violence Policy Change. Political Studies 48 (2) 239-262.
- Allwood, J. and Schroeder, R. (2000) Intercultural Communication in a Virtual Environment. Intercultural Communication 4.
- Besselaar, P. van den and Oostveen, A. (2000) Reader for the Expert Meeting on Experimental Innovation Policy. Amsterdam, 22-24 January, 2000. SOEIS-Deliverable D3.2, TSER-SOE1-CT97-1060-D3.2.
- Besselaar, P. van den, Heimeriks, G., Leydesdorff, L., Oostveen, A. and Ruhl, D. (2000) Codification and self-organization of the European STI system. SOEIS-Deliverable D2.5, TSER-SOE1-CT97-1060-D2.5.
- Blank, G. (2000) Internet Data Sources for Teaching Globalization. Annual meeting of the American Sociological Association. Washington, DC. August 15, 2000.
- Bohm, N., Brown, I. and Gladman, B. (2000) Electronic commerce: who carries the risk of fraud? Journal of Information, Law and Technology.
- Brown, I. (2000) Communications security for journalists. Living with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act: A Journalist's Guide to Surviving Cyber-Regulation, London, November 2000.
- Brown, I. (2000) Maintaining consumer confidence in electronic payment mechanisms. UCL (University College London), Computer Science, Jesus College, University of Cambridge: Cambridge, UK.
- Brown, I. (2000) The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. International Forum on Surveillance by Design, London, September 2000.
- Brown, I. and Davies, S. (2000) The new corporate threat to freedom of expression. Proc. 3rd UNESCO Congress on Ethical, Legal and Societal Challenges of Cyberspace, Paris.
- Brown, I. and Gladman, B. (2000) RIP - technically inept. FIPR parliamentary briefing, July 2000.