These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2526 - 2550 of 2846 publications found.
- Spante, M., Schroeder, R., Axelsson, A.-S. and Heldal, I. (2003) Is there a Tradeoff between Presence and Copresence? Proceedings of Presence 2003, Aalborg, Denmark.
- Steed, A., Spante, M., Heldal, I., Axelsson, A.-S. and Schroeder, R. (2003) Strangers and Friends in Caves: An Exploratory Study of Collaboration in Networked IPT Systems for Extended Periods of Time. ACM SIGGRAPH 2003 Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics, Monterey CA, 27-30 April 2003. ACM Press, New York, pp. 51-54.
- Stevenson, M. and Wilks, Y. (2003) Word Sense Disambiguation. In: R.Mitkov (ed.) Oxford Handbook of Computational Linguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- van den Besselaar, P., Oostveen, A., De Cindio, F. and Ferrazzi, D. (2003) Experiments with E-Voting Technology: Experiences and Lessons. In: P.Cunningham et al. (eds) Building the Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications, Case Studies. IOS Press.
- Vulcan , N. (2003) The Economics of E-Commerce: A Strategic Guide to Understanding and Designing the Online Marketplace. Princeton University Press.
- Walmsley, A.D., White, D.A., Eynon, R. and Somerfield, L. (2003) The use of the Internet within a dental school. European Journal of Dental Education 7 (1) 27-33.
- Wilks, Y. (2003) Senses and Texts. In: Nerlich, Z.Todd, V.Herman and D.Clarke (eds) Polysemy: Patterns of meaning in mind and language. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Wilks, Y., Nirenburg, S., Somers, H. (eds) (2003) Readings in Machine Translation. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Wu, B. et al. (2003) BioSimGRID: a distributed database for biomolecular simulations. In Proceeedings of the UK e-Science All Hands Meeting.
- Zittrain, J. (2003) Internet Points of Control. Boston College Law Review 44 (2) 653-688.
- Zittrain, J. (2003) The Copyright Cage. Legal Affairs, July/August 2003.
- Arzberger, P. and Finholt, T.A. (2002) Data and collaboratories in the biomedical community. Panel of experts meeting, Ballston, Virginia, 16-18 September 2002.
- Birmingham, P., Davies, C. and Greiffenhage, C. (2002) Turn to Face the Bard: Making sense of three-way interactions between teacher, pupils and technology in the classroom. Education, Communication and Information 2: 139-161.
- Blank, G. (2002) The Internet and the Entertainment Industry: A Cultural Analysis. Annual meeting of the American Sociological Association. Chicago IL. August 18, 2002.
- Brewster, C., Ciravegna, F. and Wilks, Y. (2002) User-Centred Ontology Learning for Knowledge Management. Proceedings of the Seventh International Workshop on Applications of Natural Language to Information Systems, Stockholm, June 27-28, 2002.
- Brown, I. (2002) FIPR response to the Cabinet Office's consultation on e-democracy. December 2002.
- Brown, I. (2002) Securing prioritised emergency traffic. IETF draft, May 2002.
- Brown, I. (2002) Standards bodies' approaches to wiretapping requirements. ACM Computers, Freedom and Privacy, San Francisco: ACM Press.
- Brown, I. (2002) The march of the marketeers: invasive advertising and the Internet. British Association Festival of Science, Leicester, September 2002.
- Brown, I. (2002) The use and abuse of "cybercrime". Beyond the Backlash, London, November 2002.
- Brown, I., Crowcroft, J., Handley, M. and Cain, B. (2002) Internet Multicast Tomorrow. The Internet Protocol Journal 5 (4).
- Catizone, R., Setzer, A., Webb, N. and Wilks, Y. (2002) Very large-scale multilingual Information Extraction. Proceedings of Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2002), Las Palmas, 29-31 May 2002.
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2002) Globalization and Technology: How Will They Change Society? Technology in Society 24: 191-206.
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2002) Index of Governance: A Model for Measuring Governance in Thailand. The Sixth International Research Symposium on Public Management (IRSPM VI), University of Edinburgh Management School, April 2002, Edinburgh, UK.
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2002) The E-learning Growth Model, Globalization and Localization Enmeshed: Searching for a Balance in Education. Faculty of Education, Chulalongkorn University (Bangkok, Thailand).