These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2526 - 2550 of 2759 publications found.
- Schroeder, R. (ed.) (2002) The Social Life of Avatars. Presence and Interaction in Shared Virtual Environments. London: Springer.
- Schroeder, R. and Swedberg, R. (2002) Weberian perspectives on science, technology and the economy. The British Journal of Sociology 53 (3) 383-401.
- Tambini, D. and Cowling, J. (2002) New News: Impartial Broadcasting in the Digital Age. IPPR.
- Wilks, Y. (2002) Cross-linguistic Discovery of Semantic Regularity. Proceedings of the International Conference of the Global Wordnet Association, Mysore, India.
- Wilks, Y. and Catizone, R. (2002) Lexical Tuning. Computational Linguistics and Intelligent Text Processing: Proceedings of the Third International Conference, CICLing 2002 Mexico City, Mexico, 17-23 February 2002.
- Wilks, Y. and Catizone, R. (2002) What is Lexical Tuning? Journal of Semantics 19 (2) 167-190.
- Wrigley, N., Lowe, M.S. and Currah, A. (2002) Retailing and e-tailing. Urban Geography 23 (2) 180-197.
- Ackland, R. and Antony (2007) Developing e-Research Tools for the Analysis of Large-Scale Web Crawl Data. Presented at the 3rd International Conference on e-Social Science, 7-9 October 2007, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Ackland, R. and Shorish, J. (2007) Network Formation in the Political Blogosphere: An Application of Agent Based Simulation and e-Research Tools. Presented at the 3rd International Conference on e-Social Science, 7-9 October 2007, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Axelsson, A.-S., Abelin, Å., Heldal, I., Schroeder, R. and Wideström, J. (2001) Cubes in the Cube: A Comparison of a Puzzle-Solving Task in a Virtual and a Real Environment. Cyberpsychology and Behaviour 4 (2) 279-286.
- Ballim, A., Wilks, Y., By, T. and Liske, C. (2001) Modelling agent attitudes in legal reasoning. Computers and Informatics 20 (6).
- Basili, R., Catizone, R., Padro, L., Pazienza, M.T., Rigau, G., Setzer, A., Webb, N. and Wilks, Y. (2001) Multilingual Authoring: the NAMIC approach. Proceedings of EACL /ACL 2001 Workshop on Human Language Technology and Knowledge Management, Toulouse, France, 6-7 July 2001.
- Belfield, C., Thomas, H., Bullock, A., Eynon, R. and Wall, D. (2001) Measuring effectiveness for best evidence medical education: a discussion. Medical Teacher 23 (2) 164-170.
- Bontcheva, K. and Wilks, Y. (2001) Dealing with Dependencies between Content Planning and Surface Realisation in a Pipeline Generation Architecture. Proceedings of International Joint Conference in Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI'01), Seattle, WA, 4-10 August 2001.
- Bontcheva, K., Brewster, C., Ciravegna, F., Cunningham, H., Guthrie, L., Gaizauskas, R. and Wilks, Y. (2001) Using HLT for Acquiring, Retrieving and Publishing Knowledge in AKT. Proceedings of EACL/ACL 2001 Workshop on Human Language Technology and Knowledge Management, Toulouse, France, 6-7 July 2001.
- Brown, I. (2001) End-to-end security in active networks. Thesis submitted for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science, University of London.
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2001) A growth model of Internet usage. The International Political Economy Forum: Internet and Development in Asia. National University of Singapore and the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Center for Southeast Asian Studies, September 2001, Singapore.
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2001) An Internet pricing model. International Business & Economics Research Conference. International Business & Economics Research, October 2001, Reno, NV.
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2001) How Would E-learning Improve Thailand's Workforce? A Proposal for the Concept of CELD Model. Proceedings of the International Conference on Technology and Vocational-Technical Education: Globalisation and Future Trends. Faculty of Education, University Kebangsaan Malaysia. Published in conjunction with Malaysian National Commission for UNESCO (Selangor, Malaysia), pp. 166-175.
- Chareonwongsak, K. (2001) The pricing of e-education programmes. International Conference on E-education. INTI Foundation, October 2001, School of Business and Law, Malaysia.
- De Meer, H. and O'Hanlon, P. (2001) Segmented adaptation of traffic aggregates. IWQoS, pp. 342-353.
- Dunleavy, P. and Margetts, H. (2001) From Majoritarian to Pluralist Democracy? Journal of Theoretical Politics 13 (3) 295-319.
- Dunleavy, P., Margetts, H., Bastow, S., Tinkler, J. and Yared, H. (2001) Policy Learning and Public Sector Information Technology: Contractual and E-Government Changes in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the American Political Science Association, Hilton Hotel, San Francisco, CA, 28 August - 1 September 2001.
- Dutton, W. and Lin, W.-Y. (2001) Using the Web in the democratic process. The Web-orchestrated 'Stop the Overlay' cyber-campaign. European Review 9 (2) 185-199.
- Floridi, L. (2001) I filosofi: calciatori o giornalisti? La ricezione della filosofia italiana nel contesto anglosassone. In: La Filosofia Italiana in Discussione. Milano: Bruno Mondadori.