These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2526 - 2550 of 2776 publications found.
- Oostveen, A. and van den Besselaar, P. (2002) The implications of internet voting on elections and civic participation. Proc. Euricom, Amsterdam / Nijmegen, October 2002.
- Oostveen, A., Besselaar, P. van den, Ferrazzi, D., De Cindio, F., Poletti, G. and Rosti, E. (2002) User requirements for the TruE-Vote voting protocol. TruE-Vote Deliverable D2.1b, TRUE-VOTE IST-2000-29424.
- Park, H.W. (2002) The digital divide in South Korea: Closing and widening divides in the 1990s. Electronic Journal of Communication 12 (1,2).
- Pastra, K., Maynard, D., Hamza, O., Cunningham, H. and Wilks, Y. (2002) How feasible is the reuse of grammars for Named Entity Recognition. Proceedings of Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2002), Las Palmas, 29-31 May 2002.
- Pastra, K., Saggion, H. and Wilks, Y. (2002) Extracting relational facts for indexing and retrieval of crime-scene photographs. Proceedings of the Conference on Applications and Innovations in Intelligent Systems, BCS Conference Series, Springer Verlag.
- Peters, W., Guthrie, L. and Wilks, Y. (2002) Computational Psycholinguistics: The Case of Regular Polysemy. In: K.Petrova, A.Eftimova and R.Shopov (eds) Litora Psycholinguistica, Sofia, pp. 328-338.
- Richter, W. (2002) Specification and implementation of cross-organisational business processes with Petri nets (in German). Humboldt University Berlin.
- Saggion, H., Cunningham, H., Bontcheva, K., Hamza, O., Ursu, C. and Wilks, Y. (2002) Access to Multimedia Information through Multisource and Multilanguage Information Extraction. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 160-171.
- Saggion, H., Cunningham, H., Maynard, D., Bontcheva, K., Hamza, O., Ursu, C. and Wilks, Y. (2002) Extracting Information for Information Indexing of Multimedia Material. Proceedings of Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2002), Las Palmas, 29-31 May 2002.
- Schroeder, R. (2002) Copresence and Interaction in Virtual environments: An overview of the Range of Issues. In: Felize Ribeiro (ed.) Fifth International Workshop Presence 2002, Porto Portugal, 9-11 October 2002, pp. 274-295.
- Schroeder, R. (2002) Preface. In Ralph Schroeder (ed.) The Social Life of Avatars: Presence and Interaction in Shared Virtual Environments. London: Springer, pp. ix-xiv.
- Schroeder, R. (2002) Social Interaction in Virtual Environments: Key Issues, Common Themes, and a Framework for Research. In: Ralph Schroeder (ed.) The Social Life of Avatars: Presence and Interaction in Shared Virtual Environments. London: Springer, pp. 1-18.
- Schroeder, R. (2002) The Consumption of Technology in Everyday Life: Car, Telephone, and Television in Sweden and America in Comparative-Historical Perspective. Sociological Research Online 7 (4).
- Schroeder, R. (ed.) (2002) The Social Life of Avatars. Presence and Interaction in Shared Virtual Environments. London: Springer.
- Schroeder, R. and Swedberg, R. (2002) Weberian perspectives on science, technology and the economy. The British Journal of Sociology 53 (3) 383-401.
- Tambini, D. and Cowling, J. (2002) New News: Impartial Broadcasting in the Digital Age. IPPR.
- Wilks, Y. (2002) Cross-linguistic Discovery of Semantic Regularity. Proceedings of the International Conference of the Global Wordnet Association, Mysore, India.
- Wilks, Y. and Catizone, R. (2002) Lexical Tuning. Computational Linguistics and Intelligent Text Processing: Proceedings of the Third International Conference, CICLing 2002 Mexico City, Mexico, 17-23 February 2002.
- Wilks, Y. and Catizone, R. (2002) What is Lexical Tuning? Journal of Semantics 19 (2) 167-190.
- Wrigley, N., Lowe, M.S. and Currah, A. (2002) Retailing and e-tailing. Urban Geography 23 (2) 180-197.
- Ackland, R. and Antony (2007) Developing e-Research Tools for the Analysis of Large-Scale Web Crawl Data. Presented at the 3rd International Conference on e-Social Science, 7-9 October 2007, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Ackland, R. and Shorish, J. (2007) Network Formation in the Political Blogosphere: An Application of Agent Based Simulation and e-Research Tools. Presented at the 3rd International Conference on e-Social Science, 7-9 October 2007, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Axelsson, A.-S., Abelin, Å., Heldal, I., Schroeder, R. and Wideström, J. (2001) Cubes in the Cube: A Comparison of a Puzzle-Solving Task in a Virtual and a Real Environment. Cyberpsychology and Behaviour 4 (2) 279-286.
- Ballim, A., Wilks, Y., By, T. and Liske, C. (2001) Modelling agent attitudes in legal reasoning. Computers and Informatics 20 (6).
- Basili, R., Catizone, R., Padro, L., Pazienza, M.T., Rigau, G., Setzer, A., Webb, N. and Wilks, Y. (2001) Multilingual Authoring: the NAMIC approach. Proceedings of EACL /ACL 2001 Workshop on Human Language Technology and Knowledge Management, Toulouse, France, 6-7 July 2001.