These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2501 - 2525 of 2777 publications found.
- Dunleavy, P. and Margetts, H. (2002) Mixed electoral systems in Britain and the Jenkins Commission on electoral reform. The British Journal of Politics and International Relations 2002 (1) 12-38.
- Dutton, W.H. and Lin, W.-Y. (2002) E-Democracy: A Case Study of Web-Orchestrated Cyberadvocacy. In: J.Armitage and J.Roberts (eds) Living with CyberSpace: Technology and Society in the 21st Century. London: The Athlone Press.
- Dutton, W.H. and Nainoa, F. (2002) Say Goodbye...Let's Roll: The Social Dynamics of Wireless Networks on September 11. Prometheus 20 (3) 237-245.
- Eder, K., Giesen, B., Schmidtke, O. and Tambini, D. (2002) Collective Identities in Action: A Sociological Approach to Ethnicity. Ashgate.
- Eynon, R. (2002) The use of the world wide web in teaching and learning. Paper presented at the conference of the Centre for Learning and Teaching - Sociology, Anthropology and Politics, part of the Learning and Teaching Support Network (LTSN) Birmingham, UK.
- Eynon, R. and Wall, D. (2002) Competence based approaches: a discussion of issues for professional groups. Journal of Further and Higher Education 26 (4) 319-327.
- Floridi, L. (2002) On Defining Library and Information Science as Applied Philosophy of Information. Social Epistemology 16 (11) 37-49.
- Floridi, L. (2002) Sextus Empiricus, The Recovery and Transmission of Pyrrhonism. Oxford University Press.
- Floridi, L. (2002) What is the Philosophy of Information? Metaphilosophy 33 (1/2).
- Floridi, L. and Sanders, J. (2002) Computer Ethics: Mapping the Foundationalist Debate. Ethics and Information Technology 4 (1) 1-9.
- González-Bailón, S. (2002) Simulació i canvi social una aproximació evolucionària [Simulation and Social Change: an Evolutionary Approach]. Revista Catalana de Sociologia 18: 89-102.
- Heldal, I. and Schroeder, R. (2002) Performance and collaboration in virtual environments for visualizing large complex models: comparing immersive and desktop systems. Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Virtual Systems and Multimedia, VSMM2002: Gyeongju, Korea, pp. 208-220.
- Kirstein, P., Carlberg, K., Hasler, K. and O'Hanlon, P. (2002) Media transmission over coupled wired/wireless networks using application level active IPv6 networks. In 6th International Symposium on Communications and Networking, Perth, pp. 195-207.
- Kirstein, P.T., O'Hanlon, P., Carlberg, K., Gevros, P. and Hasler, K. (2002) The RadioActive networking architecture. In Proceedings of the DARPA Active NEtworks Conference and Exposition, pp. 394-408.
- Li, N. and Kirkup, G. (2002) The Internet: producing or transforming culture and gender? Electronic Journal of Communication / La Revue Electronique de Communication 12 (3/4).
- Margetts, H. and Dunleavy, P. (2002) Cultural Barriers to E-Government. Academic article for the report: 'Better Public Services Through e-government'. London: National Audit Office, 2002, HC 704-III.
- Maynard, D., Tablan, V., Cunningham, H., Ursu, C., Saggion, H., Bontcheva, K. and Wilks, Y. (2002) Architectural Elements of Language Engineering Robustness. Natural Language Engineering 8 (2/3) 257-274.
- Meyer, E.T. and Kling, R. (2002) Leveling the playing field, or expanding the bleachers? Socio-Technical Interaction Networks and arXiv.org. Indiana University Rob Kling Center for Social Informatics Working Paper Series, No. WP-02-10.
- Nash, V. (ed.) (2002) Reclaiming Community. London: ippr.
- Nash, V. and Christie, I. (2002) Building Community. London: ippr.
- Nilsson, A., Heldal, I., Schroeder, R. and Axelsson, A.-S. (2002) The Long-term Uses of Shared Virtual Environments: An Exploratory Study. In: Ralph Schroeder (ed.) The Social Life of Avatars: Presence and Interaction in Shared Virtual Environments. London: Springer, pp. 112-126.
- Oostveen, A. (2002) E-voting and the Democratic Process. Invited talk for the E-PING Meeting, European Parliament. Brussels, 10 September 2002.
- Oostveen, A. (2002) Internet Voting: a Universal Remedy? Paper presented at the Internet Research 3.0 conference. Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR). Maastricht, the Netherlands, October 13-16, 2002.
- Oostveen, A. (2002) Social learning in complex technical change: a comparison of three chipcard based innovation projects. Paper presented at the EASST Conference 2002, Responsibility under Uncertainty. University of York, 31st July - 3rd August 2002, York, United Kingdom.
- Oostveen, A. (2002) The implications of Internet voting on elections and civic participation. Paper presented at the Euricom Colloquium: Electronic Networks and Democratic Engagement. Nijmegen, the Netherlands, October 9-12, 2002.