These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2501 - 2525 of 2681 publications found.
- Allwood, J. and Schroeder, R. (2000) Intercultural Communication in a Virtual Environment. Intercultural Communication 4.
- Besselaar, P. van den and Oostveen, A. (2000) Reader for the Expert Meeting on Experimental Innovation Policy. Amsterdam, 22-24 January, 2000. SOEIS-Deliverable D3.2, TSER-SOE1-CT97-1060-D3.2.
- Besselaar, P. van den, Heimeriks, G., Leydesdorff, L., Oostveen, A. and Ruhl, D. (2000) Codification and self-organization of the European STI system. SOEIS-Deliverable D2.5, TSER-SOE1-CT97-1060-D2.5.
- Blank, G. (2000) Internet Data Sources for Teaching Globalization. Annual meeting of the American Sociological Association. Washington, DC. August 15, 2000.
- Bohm, N., Brown, I. and Gladman, B. (2000) Electronic commerce: who carries the risk of fraud? Journal of Information, Law and Technology.
- Brown, I. (2000) Communications security for journalists. Living with the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act: A Journalist's Guide to Surviving Cyber-Regulation, London, November 2000.
- Brown, I. (2000) Maintaining consumer confidence in electronic payment mechanisms. UCL (University College London), Computer Science, Jesus College, University of Cambridge: Cambridge, UK.
- Brown, I. (2000) The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000. International Forum on Surveillance by Design, London, September 2000.
- Brown, I. and Davies, S. (2000) The new corporate threat to freedom of expression. Proc. 3rd UNESCO Congress on Ethical, Legal and Societal Challenges of Cyberspace, Paris.
- Brown, I. and Gladman, B. (2000) RIP - technically inept. FIPR parliamentary briefing, July 2000.
- Brown, I. and Hosein, G. (2000) Serve yourself...shifting power away from the brothers. Proc. ACM Computers, Freedom and Privacy 2000, Toronto, ACM, pp. 39-41.
- Brown, I. and Laurie, B. (2000) Security against compelled disclosure. Proc. 16th Annual Computer Security Applications Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Brown, I., Back, A. and Laurie, B. (2000) Forward Secrecy Extensions for OpenPGP. IETF draft, August 2000.
- Brown, I., Davies, S. and Hosein, G. (2000) The Economic Impact of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Bill. London: British Chambers of Commerce.
- Cowie, J. and Wilks, Y. (2000) Information Extraction. In: R.Dale, H.Moisl and H.Somers (eds) Handbook of Natural Language Processing. New York, NY: Marcel Dekker.
- Crouch, C., Eder, K. and Tambini, D. (2000) Citizenship, Markets, and the State. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Cunningham, H., Bontcheva, K., Tablan, V. and Wilks, Y. (2000) Software Infrastructure for Language Resources: a Taxonomy of Previous Work and a Requirements Analysis. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC), Athens, 31 May - 2 June 2000.
- Cunningham, H., Maynard, D., Bontcheva, K., Tablan, V. and Wilks, Y. (2000) Experience of using GATE for NLP R&D. Workshop on Using Toolsets and Architectures To Build NLP Systems at COLING-2000. Luxembourg.
- Dunleavy, P. and Margetts. H. (2000) The Advent of Digital Government: Public Bureaucracy and the State in the Internet Age. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the American Political Science Association, Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, DC, 4 September 2000.
- Dunleavy, P., Margetts, H., Bastow, S. and Tinkler, J. (2000) The Advent of a Digital State and Government-Business Relations. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Political Science Association, London School of Economics and Political Science, London, UK, 10-13 April 2000.
- Eynon, R. and Thomas, H. (2000) Systematic reviews in medical education: an application. Paper presented at the Conference of the Association for Medical Education in Europe, August 2000, Beer Sheva, Israel.
- Floridi, L. (2000) Mathematical Scepticism: the Cartesian View. In A. Kanamori (ed.) Analytic Philosophy and Logic. Philosophy Documentation Center, Bowling Green State University, pp. 217-265.
- González-Bailón, S. (2000) Homo Sociologicus: the Action Guided by Social Norms. Revista Catalana de Sociologia 13.
- Kirstein, P.T., Whelan, E. and Brown, I. (2000) Secure multicast conferencing. Proc. DISCEX 2000, IEEE Computer Society, pp. 54-63.
- Mayer-Schönberger, V. (2000) Impeach the Internet! Loyola Law Review 46.