These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2351 - 2375 of 2617 publications found.
- Eynon, R. and Wall, D. (2002) Competence based approaches: a discussion of issues for professional groups. Journal of Further and Higher Education 26 (4) 319-327.
- Floridi, L. (2002) On Defining Library and Information Science as Applied Philosophy of Information. Social Epistemology 16 (11) 37-49.
- Floridi, L. (2002) Sextus Empiricus, The Recovery and Transmission of Pyrrhonism. Oxford University Press.
- Floridi, L. (2002) What is the Philosophy of Information? Metaphilosophy 33 (1/2).
- Floridi, L. and Sanders, J. (2002) Computer Ethics: Mapping the Foundationalist Debate. Ethics and Information Technology 4 (1) 1-9.
- González-Bailón, S. (2002) Simulació i canvi social una aproximació evolucionària [Simulation and Social Change: an Evolutionary Approach]. Revista Catalana de Sociologia 18: 89-102.
- Heldal, I. and Schroeder, R. (2002) Performance and collaboration in virtual environments for visualizing large complex models: comparing immersive and desktop systems. Proceedings of the Eighth International Conference on Virtual Systems and Multimedia, VSMM2002: Gyeongju, Korea, pp. 208-220.
- Kirstein, P., Carlberg, K., Hasler, K. and O'Hanlon, P. (2002) Media transmission over coupled wired/wireless networks using application level active IPv6 networks. In 6th International Symposium on Communications and Networking, Perth, pp. 195-207.
- Kirstein, P.T., O'Hanlon, P., Carlberg, K., Gevros, P. and Hasler, K. (2002) The RadioActive networking architecture. In Proceedings of the DARPA Active NEtworks Conference and Exposition, pp. 394-408.
- Li, N. and Kirkup, G. (2002) The Internet: producing or transforming culture and gender? Electronic Journal of Communication / La Revue Electronique de Communication 12 (3/4).
- Margetts, H. and Dunleavy, P. (2002) Cultural Barriers to E-Government. Academic article for the report: 'Better Public Services Through e-government'. London: National Audit Office, 2002, HC 704-III.
- Maynard, D., Tablan, V., Cunningham, H., Ursu, C., Saggion, H., Bontcheva, K. and Wilks, Y. (2002) Architectural Elements of Language Engineering Robustness. Natural Language Engineering 8 (2/3) 257-274.
- Meyer, E.T. and Kling, R. (2002) Leveling the playing field, or expanding the bleachers? Socio-Technical Interaction Networks and arXiv.org. Indiana University Rob Kling Center for Social Informatics Working Paper Series, No. WP-02-10.
- Nash, V. (ed.) (2002) Reclaiming Community. London: ippr.
- Nash, V. and Christie, I. (2002) Building Community. London: ippr.
- Nilsson, A., Heldal, I., Schroeder, R. and Axelsson, A.-S. (2002) The Long-term Uses of Shared Virtual Environments: An Exploratory Study. In: Ralph Schroeder (ed.) The Social Life of Avatars: Presence and Interaction in Shared Virtual Environments. London: Springer, pp. 112-126.
- Oostveen, A. (2002) E-voting and the Democratic Process. Invited talk for the E-PING Meeting, European Parliament. Brussels, 10 September 2002.
- Oostveen, A. (2002) Internet Voting: a Universal Remedy? Paper presented at the Internet Research 3.0 conference. Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR). Maastricht, the Netherlands, October 13-16, 2002.
- Oostveen, A. (2002) Social learning in complex technical change: a comparison of three chipcard based innovation projects. Paper presented at the EASST Conference 2002, Responsibility under Uncertainty. University of York, 31st July - 3rd August 2002, York, United Kingdom.
- Oostveen, A. (2002) The implications of Internet voting on elections and civic participation. Paper presented at the Euricom Colloquium: Electronic Networks and Democratic Engagement. Nijmegen, the Netherlands, October 9-12, 2002.
- Oostveen, A. and Besselaar, P. van den (2002) Internet Based Voting: A Detailed Survey of the State of the Art. TruE-Vote Deliverable D2.1a, TRUE-VOTE IST-2000-29424.
- Oostveen, A. and van den Besselaar, P. (2002) The implications of internet voting on elections and civic participation. Proc. Euricom, Amsterdam / Nijmegen, October 2002.
- Oostveen, A., Besselaar, P. van den, Ferrazzi, D., De Cindio, F., Poletti, G. and Rosti, E. (2002) User requirements for the TruE-Vote voting protocol. TruE-Vote Deliverable D2.1b, TRUE-VOTE IST-2000-29424.
- Park, H.W. (2002) The digital divide in South Korea: Closing and widening divides in the 1990s. Electronic Journal of Communication 12 (1,2).
- Pastra, K., Maynard, D., Hamza, O., Cunningham, H. and Wilks, Y. (2002) How feasible is the reuse of grammars for Named Entity Recognition. Proceedings of Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC 2002), Las Palmas, 29-31 May 2002.