These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2351 - 2375 of 2846 publications found.
- Dalli, A., Xia, Y. and Wilks, Y. (2004) The FASil Email Summarisation System. Proceeding of HLT-NAACL'04, Boston, MA.
- David, P.A. (2004) Can 'Open Science' be Protected from the Evolving Regime of IPR Protections? Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE) 160 (1) 9-34.
- David, P.A. (2004) Understanding the emergence of 'open science' institutions: functionalist economics in historical context. Industrial and Corporate Change 13: 571-589.
- Dunleavy, P., Margetts, H., Bastow, S. and Tinkler, J. (2004) Government IT performance and the power of the IT industry: A cross-national analysis. Paper presented at the Annual American Political Science Association conference, Chicago, Panel 25-2 'Digital Policy Issues: Inequality, E-government', 4 September 2004.
- Dutton, W.H. (2004) Continuity or Transformation? Social and Technical Perspectives on Information and Communication Technologies. In: W.H.Dutton, B.Kahin, R.O'Callaghan and A.W.Wyckoff (eds) Transforming Enterprise. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, pp. 13-24.
- Dutton, W.H. (2004) Iron Laws of Cyberspace? The Need for Multidisciplinary Perspectives. Computers and Law 15 (3) 17-21.
- Dutton, W.H. (2004) Out of the Dot-com Bubble: A New Opportunity for Internet Research. In: M.Consalvo, N.Baym, J.Hunsinger, K.B.Jensen, J.Logie, M.Murero and L.R.Shade (eds) Internet Research Annual, 2000-2002 (Vol. I). New York, Oxford: Peter Lang, pp. 46-54.
- Dutton, W.H. (2004) Social transformation in an information society: rethinking access to you and the world. UNESCO Publications for the World Summit on the Information Society.
- Dutton, W.H. (2004) The Internet and Social Transformation: Reconfiguring Access. In: W.H.Dutton, B.Kahin, R.O'Callaghan and A.W.Wyckoff (eds) Transforming Enterprise. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, pp. 375-397.
- Dutton, W.H., Cheong, H. and Park, N. (2004) The Social Shaping of a Virtual Learning Environment: The Case of a University-wide Course Management System. Electronic Journal of e-Learning 2 (1) 69-80.
- Dutton, W.H., Cheong, P.H. and Park, A. (2004) An Ecology of Constraints on e-Learning in Higher Education: The Case of a Virtual Learning Environment. Prometheus 22 (2) 131-149.
- Dutton, W.H., Gillett, S.E., McKnight, L.W. and Peltu, M. (2004) Bridging broadband Internet divides: reconfiguring access to enhance communicative power. Journal of Information Technology 19 (1) 28-38.
- Eisenstadt, M. (2004) Beyond e-Learning: What Works, What Fails, What's New? Presented at 'The Next Level in e-Learning', Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 22-23 January 2004.
- Escher, T. (2004) Political Motives of Developers for Collaboration on GNU/Linux. Dissertation for MA Globalization & Communications at University of Leicester.
- Eynon, R (2004) The use of the world wide web in teaching and learning: a case study approach. Paper presented at the 4th International Conference of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL), May 2004, London, UK.
- Eynon, R. (2004) e-Learning and the undergraduate student experience. 3rd European Conference on e-Learning (ECEL), Paris, France, November 2004.
- Eynon, R. (2004) Innovators and e-learning. Paper presented at the 5th Annual Conference of the Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR), September 2004, Sussex, UK.
- Farber, D. (2004) The Societal Implications of Networking: A Personal Perspective. Presented at 'The Societal Implications of Networking: A Personal Perspective, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, 12 October 2004.
- Floridi, L. (2004) Afterword - LIS as Applied Philosophy of Information: a Reappraisal. Library Trends 52 (3) 658-665.
- Floridi, L. (2004) From the Philosophy of AI to the Philosophy of Information. The Philosophers' Magazine 28 (4) 56-60.
- Floridi, L. (2004) Information Ethics: From Case-based Analyses to Theoretical Foundations. Presented at ETHICOMP98, The Netherlands.
- Floridi, L. (2004) Informational Realism. In J. Weckert. and Y. Al-Saggaf (eds) Computers and Philosophy 2003 - Selected Papers from the Computer and Philosophy conference (CAP 2003), Conferences in Research and Practice in Information Technology, 37, 2004, ACS, pp. 7-12.
- Floridi, L. (2004) Mathematical Skepticism: the Debate between Hobbes and Wallis. In José R. Maria Neto and Richard H. Popkin (eds) Skepticism in Renaissance and Post-Renaissance Thought: New Interpretations. Pometheus: New York.
- Floridi, L. (2004) On the Logical Unsolvability of the Gettier Problem. Synthese 142 (1) 61-79.
- Floridi, L. (2004) Open Problems in the Philosophy of Information. Metaphilosophy 35 (4) 554-582.