These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
2351 - 2375 of 2676 publications found.
- Mayer-Schönberger, V. (2003) Emergency Communications: The Quest for Interoperability in the United States and Europe. International Journal of Communication Law and Policy 7.
- Mayer-Schönberger, V. (2003) The Shape of Governance: Analyzing the World of Internet Regulation. Virginia Journal of International Law 43.
- Meyer, E.T. and Kling, R. (2003) Communication Regimes And Digital Images: Understanding Communication Regimes, Digital Photography And The Internet. Paper presented at the Association of Internet Researchers Annual Meeting, Toronto, ON, 19 October 2003.
- Meyer, E.T. and Kling, R. (2003) To Photoshop or Not to Photoshop: Digital Manipulation and the STIN Framework. Paper presented at the Doctoral Research Forum, School of Library and Information Science, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN.
- Murero, M. and Nash, V. (2003) The Internet and Community in Europe. In: K.Christensen and D.Levinson (eds) The Encyclopedia of Community. California, CA: Sage.
- Nash, V. (2003) Public Policy and Social Networks. In: C.Phillipson, G.Allan and D.Morgan (eds) Social Networks and Social Exclusion. London: Ashgate.
- Noam, E., Hay, D., Baye, M.R. and Morgan, J. (2003) The Internet: Still Wide Open and Competitive? Oxford Internet Institute Internet Issue Brief No. 1, University of Oxford.
- Oostveen, A. (2003) E-voting and media effects, an explorative study. Paper presented at the New Media, Technology and Everyday Life in Europe Conference. European Media Technology and Everyday Life Network (EMTEL). London, United Kingdom, 23-26 April 2003.
- Oostveen, A., Besselaar, P. van den, Ferrazzi, D. and De Cindio, F. (2003) Users, usability and effects. TruE-Vote Deliverable D7.2, TRUE-VOTE IST-2000-29424.
- Park, H.W. (2003) Hyperlink network analysis: A new method for the study of social structure on the web. Connections 25 (1) 49-61.
- Pastra, K., Saggion, H. and Wilks, Y. (2003) Extracting relational facts for indexing and retrieval of crime-scene photographs. Knowledge-Based Systems 16 (5-6) 313-320.
- Pastra, K., Saggion, H. and Wilks, Y. (2003) Intelligent Indexing of Crime-Scene Photographs. IEEE Intelligent Systems [Special Issue on Advances in Natural Language Processing] 18 (1) 55-61.
- Peters, W. and Wilks, Y. (2003) Data-driven Detection of Figurative Language Use in Electronic Language Resources. Metaphor and Symbol 18 (3) 161-173.
- Pickerill, J. (2003) Cyberprotest: Environmental activism online. Manchester University Press.
- Richter, W. (2003) Sui Generis protection for databases in the EU: The example nobody wants to follow. ETH Zurich.
- Saggion, H., Pastra, K. and Wilks, Y. (2003) Using Natural Language Processing for Semantic Indexing of Scene-of-Crime Photographs. Proceedings of CICLing 2003. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Berlin: Springer Verlag.
- Schroeder, R. (2003) Beyond Presence and Copresence: A Phenomenological Account of Experiences in Shared Virtual Environments. Proceedings of Presence 2003, Aalborg, Denmark.
- Schroeder, R. (2003) Strangers and Friends in Networked Immersive Environments: Virtual Spaces for Future Living. Proceedings of Home Oriented Informatics and Telematics, Irvine CA, 6-8 April 2003.
- Spante, M., Schroeder, R., Axelsson, A.-S. and Heldal, I. (2003) Is there a Tradeoff between Presence and Copresence? Proceedings of Presence 2003, Aalborg, Denmark.
- Steed, A., Spante, M., Heldal, I., Axelsson, A.-S. and Schroeder, R. (2003) Strangers and Friends in Caves: An Exploratory Study of Collaboration in Networked IPT Systems for Extended Periods of Time. ACM SIGGRAPH 2003 Symposium on Interactive 3D Graphics, Monterey CA, 27-30 April 2003. ACM Press, New York, pp. 51-54.
- Stevenson, M. and Wilks, Y. (2003) Word Sense Disambiguation. In: R.Mitkov (ed.) Oxford Handbook of Computational Linguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- van den Besselaar, P., Oostveen, A., De Cindio, F. and Ferrazzi, D. (2003) Experiments with E-Voting Technology: Experiences and Lessons. In: P.Cunningham et al. (eds) Building the Knowledge Economy: Issues, Applications, Case Studies. IOS Press.
- Vulcan , N. (2003) The Economics of E-Commerce: A Strategic Guide to Understanding and Designing the Online Marketplace. Princeton University Press.
- Walmsley, A.D., White, D.A., Eynon, R. and Somerfield, L. (2003) The use of the Internet within a dental school. European Journal of Dental Education 7 (1) 27-33.
- Wilks, Y. (2003) Senses and Texts. In: Nerlich, Z.Todd, V.Herman and D.Clarke (eds) Polysemy: Patterns of meaning in mind and language. Oxford: Oxford University Press.