These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
1 - 25 of 2776 publications found.
- Burchell B.J and Wood A.J (forthcoming) Unemployment in the 21st century. In Lewis A (forthcoming) Cambridge Handbook of Economics and Psychology 2nd Edition. Cambridge University Press.
- Cobo Romaní, C. (2013) Exploration of open educational resources in non-English speaking communities. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning 14 (2) 106-128.
- Deetjen, U. and J.A. Powell (2015). Informational and Emotional Elements in Online Support Groups: A Bayesian Approach to Large-scale Content Analysis. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (forthcoming)
- Dutton, W.H. (forthcoming) The Fifth Estate: Democratic Social Accountability through the Emerging Network of Networks. In: P.G.Nixon et al. (eds) Challenges to E-Government in Europe.
- Garcia-Gavilanes, R., Tsvetkova, M., and Yasseri, T. Quantifying collective memory with online data.
- Hjorth, I. (2014) Networked Cultural Production: Filmmaking in the Wreckamovie Community. PhD thesis. Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, UK.
- Tsvetkova, M. and Sumpter, D. Classroom seating neighbors and academic achievement.
- Tsvetkova, M. Yasseri, T., Pickering, B., Engen, V., Meyer, E., Lüders, M., Følstad, A., and Bravos, G. A cross-disciplinary survey on human-machine networks: Design and implications.
- Tsvetkova, M., Garcia-Gavilanes, R., and Yasseri, T. The dynamics of disagreement: A large-scale analysis of the Wikipedia revert network.
- Tsvetkova, M., Nilsson, O., Öhman, C., Sumpter, L., and Sumpter, D. An experimental study of segregation mechanisms.
- Ventresca, M. and Nyberg, R. (forthcoming) How Journalists Report on Innovation: Models of Innovation among Working UK Journalists.
- Ventresca, M. and Nyberg, R. (forthcoming) Writing Innovations: Six Perspectives regarding Journalism on Innovations.
- Wood A.J (2015) Networks of injustice and worker mobilisation at Walmart. Industrial Relations Journal 46(4): 259–274. DOI: 10.1111/irj.12103
- Wood A.J (forthcoming) Flexible Scheduling, the degradation of job quality and barriers to collective voice. As of October 2015 minor revisions before resubmission to Human Relations.
- Wood A.J and Burchell BJ (forthcoming) Flexible Scheduling as a Source of Insecurity. Working paper based upon the report above published for the UK Government Department of Business Innovation and Skills Consultation on Zero Hour Contracts.
- Edwards, L. and Brown, I. (2016) Online Privacy and the Law: A European Perspective. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- González-Bailón, S., and Wang, N. (2016) Networked discontent: The anatomy of protest campaigns in social media. Social Networks 44: 95-104.
- Graham, M. and De Sabbata, S. (2016) Mapping Information Wealth and Poverty: The Geography of Gazetteers. Environment and Planning A.
- Graham, M., and Foster, C. (2016) Geographies of Information Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa. The African Technopolitan 5: 78-85.
- Graham, M., Mann, L., Friederici, N. and Waema, T. (2016) Growing the Kenyan Business Process Outsourcing Sector. The African Technopolitan 5: 93-95.
- Mann, L. and Graham, M. (2016) The Domestic Turn: Business Process Outsourcing and the Growing Automation of Kenyan Organisations. Journal of Development Studies.
- Tsvetkova, M., García-Gavilanes, R., and Yasseri, T. (2016) Dynamics of Disagreement: Large-Scale Temporal Network Analysis Reveals Negative Interactions in Online Collaboration. Submitted.
- Vidgen, B., and Yasseri, T. (2016) P-values: misunderstood and misused. Submitted.
- A. Cooper and I. Brown (2015) Net Neutrality: Discrimination, Competition, and Innovation in the UK and US, ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 15(1): 2-21, doi: 10.1145/2700057
- Barberá, P., Wang, N., Bonneau, R., Jost, J.T., Nagler, J., Tucker, J., González-Bailón, S. (2015) The Critical Periphery in the Growth of Social Protests. PLOS One DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0143611