These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
1 - 25 of 2689 publications found.
- Cobo Romaní, C. (2013) Exploration of open educational resources in non-English speaking communities. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning 14 (2) 106-128.
- Dutton, W.H. (forthcoming) The Fifth Estate: Democratic Social Accountability through the Emerging Network of Networks. In: P.G.Nixon et al. (eds) Challenges to E-Government in Europe.
- Hjorth, I. (2014) Networked Cultural Production: Filmmaking in the Wreckamovie Community. PhD thesis. Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, UK.
- Ventresca, M. and Nyberg, R. (forthcoming) How Journalists Report on Innovation: Models of Innovation among Working UK Journalists.
- Ventresca, M. and Nyberg, R. (forthcoming) Writing Innovations: Six Perspectives regarding Journalism on Innovations.
- Edwards, L. and Brown, I. (2016) Online Privacy and the Law: A European Perspective. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Graham, M. and De Sabbata, S. (2016) Mapping Information Wealth and Poverty: The Geography of Gazetteers. Environment and Planning A.
- A. Cooper and I. Brown (2015) Net Neutrality: Discrimination, Competition, and Innovation in the UK and US, ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 15(1): 2-21, doi: 10.1145/2700057
- Brown, I. (2015) The feasibility of transatlantic privacy-protective standards for surveillance. International Journal of Law and Information Technology vol.23 (1): 23-40.
- C. Papoutsi and I. Brown (2015) Privacy as Articulation Work in HIV Health Services, Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work & Social Computing pp339-348
- De Sabbata, S., Çöltekin, A., Eccles, K., Hale, S. and Straumann, R.K. (2015) Collaborative Visualizations for Wikipedia Critique and Activism. Proceedings of ICWSM. AAAI.
- Eynon, R. and Geniets, A (2015) The digital skills paradox: how do digitally excluded youth develop skills to use the Internet? Learning Media and Technology.
- Eynon, R. and Helsper, E. (2015) Family dynamics and Internet use in Britain: what role do children play in adults' engagement with the Internet? Information, Communication and Society 18 (2).
- Foster, C., and Graham, M. (2015) Connectivity and the Tea Sector in Rwanda. Value Chains and Networks of Connectivity-Based Enterprises in Rwanda. Project Report, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford.
- Foster, C., and Graham, M. (2015) The Internet and Tourism in Rwanda. Value Chains and Networks of Connectivity-Based Enterprises in Rwanda. Project Report, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford.
- Graham, M. (2015) Contradictory Connectivity: Spatial Imaginaries and Techno-Mediated Positionalities in Kenya's Outsourcing Sector. Environment and Planning A.
- Graham, M., Andersen, C., and Mann, L. (2015) Geographies of Connectivity in East Africa: Trains, Telecommunications, and Technological Teleologies. Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers.
- Hale, S.A. (2015) Cross-language Wikipedia Editing of Okinawa, Japan. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI '15, ACM.
- Helsper, E.J., Van Deursen, A.J.A.M. and Eynon, R. (2015) Tangible Outcomes of Internet Use. From Digital Skills to Tangible Outcomes Project Report.
- Helsper, E.J., Van Deursen, A.J.A.M., and Eynon, R. (2015) From Digital Skills to Tangible Outcomes: Full Questionnaire.
- Hogan, B and Melville, J. (2015) Social Media. International Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Mann, L., Graham. M., and Friederici, N. (2015) The Internet and Business Process Outsourcing in East Africa. Value Chains and Networks of Connectivity-Based Enterprises in Rwanda. Project Report, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford.
- Meyer, E.T. and Schroeder, R. (2015) Knowledge Machines: Digital Transformations of the Sciences and Humanities. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.
- Nugraha, Y., Brown, I., Sastrosubroto, A.S. (2015) An Adaptive Wideband Delphi Method to Study State Cyber-Defence Requirements. Emerging Topics in Computing, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing Volume PP, Issue 99.
- Papoutsi, C. and Brown, I. (2015) Privacy as articulation work in HIV health services. Proceedings of Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Vancouver, 14-18 March 2015.