ULab will work as a University Laboratory, systematically reviewing, evaluating and experimenting with current practice in research, valorization, entrepreneurship and outreach activities in each of the five partner universities.
Ulab is an innovative think-tank of five leading Technical and Research-intensive European Universities: the Technical University of Madrid, the Polytechnic University of Turin, the Technical University of Munich, the Paris Institute of Technology and the University of Oxford.
ULab will work as a University Laboratory, systematically reviewing, evaluating and experimenting with current practice in research, valorization, entrepreneurship and outreach activities in each of the five organisations.
The central goal of this research is to inform our understanding of how universities can best develop policies to build the Technical Research University of Tomorrow.
The study has five objectives:
- Create and strengthen focused networks between technical or research intensive universities
- Identify, analyze and share good practice in the research management process
- Demonstrate advantages of collaborating in a network by developing pilot activities between partner universities
- Improve research management processes through an expanded Joint Action Plan between Ulab universities
- Contribute to the enhancement of research management in European Technical Research Universities
- Bulger, M., Dutton, W. and Eynon, R. (2011) D5.1 Best Practices on Outreach. Deliverable for the ULab Project: Modelling the Technical Research University of Tomorrow.
- Bulger, M., Dutton, W. and Eynon, R. (2012) D5.2 Outreach and Public Engagement: A pilot study. Deliverable for the ULab Project: Modelling the Technical Research University of Tomorrow.
Winners Announced: European Competition for Best Innovations in University Outreach and Public Engagement
24 April 2012 - 12:00 am
Three winners have been chosen from over 100 excellent submissions for an online competition we ran to identify the most innovative outreach and public engagement activities carried out by European Universities.
1 December 2011 - 12:00 am
First newsletter from the ULab project, which aims to create the right framework in which best practices in the field of research management will be identified, tested and evaluated.
Date Published: 7 May 2012
The Italian project "Active Science" is one of the three winners of the OII-organised "University Outreach and Public Engagement Award": it uses online discussion and debate techniques to teach young people about science.