Missing Maps objectives are:
- To map the most vulnerable places in the developing world, in order that international and local NGOs and individuals can use the maps and data to better respond to crises affecting the areas.
- To support OpenStreetMap, specifically the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT), in developing technologies, skills, workflows, and communities.
- Andrew Braye – Maps team lead at the British Red Cross: Missing Maps origin story.
- Joanna Wilkin – Doctoral Researcher at University of Southampton: Field case study.
- Martin Dittus – PhD student in computer science at the ICRI Cities at University College London: The community in the data.
About the speakers