These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
51 - 75 of 2759 publications found.
- Papoutsi, C. and Brown, I. (2015) Privacy as articulation work in HIV health services. Proceedings of Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Vancouver, 14-18 March 2015.
- Przybylski, A.K. and Mishkin, A.F. (2015) How the Quantity and Quality of Electronic Gaming Relates to Adolescents' Academic Engagement and Psychosocial Adjustment. Psychology of Popular Media Culture.
- Schroeder, R. (2015) A Weberian Analysis of Global Digital Divides. International Journal of Communication 9: 2819-2837.
- Schroeder, R. (2015) Gellner, Science, and Globalization. Thesis 11, 128: 10-25.
- Schroeder, R. (2015) Michael Mann. In: James D. Wright (editor-in-chief), International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2nd edn, Vol 14. Oxford: Elsevier. pp. 490-495.
- Schroeder, R. and Taylor, L. (2015) Big Data and Wikipedia Research: Social Science Knowledge across Disciplinary Divides. Information, Communication and Society 18 (9): 1039–1056.
- Schroeder, R., and Cowls, J. (2015) Causation, Correlation, and Big Data in Social Science Research. Policy and the Internet. DOI: 10.1002/poi3.100
- Taddeo, M. (forthcoming) Just Information Warfare. Topoi.
- Taddeo, M. (forthcoming) The Moral Value of Information and Information Ethics. In L. Floridi (ed.) The Routledge Handbook of Philosophy of Information, Routledge.
- Taddeo, M. (forthcoming) The Struggle Between Liberties and Authorities in the Information Age. Science and Engineering Ethics.
- Taylor, L., Cowls, J., Schroeder, R., and Meyer, E.T. (2014) Big Data and Positive Change in the Developing World. Policy & Internet 6 (4) 418-444.
- Tsvetkova, M. and Macy, M.W. (2015) The social contagion of antisocial behavior. Sociological Science 2: 36-49.
- Tsvetkova, M. and Macy, M.W. (2015) The contagion of prosocial behavior and the emergence of voluntary contribution communities. International Conference on Computational Social Science, Helsinki, Finland.
- Tsvetkova, M. and Macy, M.W. (2015) The contagion of prosocial behavior and the emergence of voluntary-contribution communities. In Bruno Gonçalves and Nicola Perra (eds) Social Phenomena: From Data Analysis to Models, pp. 125–143.
- Tsvetkova, M., Nilsson, O., Öhman, C., Sumpter, L., and Sumpter, D. (2015) Experimental evidence for the Schelling segregation model. International Conference on Computational Social Science, Helsinki, Finland.
- Vasalou, A, Oostveen, A., Bowers, C., and Beale, R. (2015) Understanding engagement with the privacy domain through design research. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 66 (6) 1263-1273.
- Wood A.J (2015) After Occupy: Economic Democracy for the 21st Century. Work, Employment and Society 29(5): 884-886.
- Wood A.J and Burchell B.J (2015) Zero Hours Employment: A New Temporality of Capitalism? Reviews & Critical Commentary (CritCom), 16th September.
- Yasseri, T. and Bright, J. (2015) Predicting elections from online information flows: towards theoretically informed models.
- Zevenbergen, B., Mittelstadt, B., Véliz, C., Detweiler, C., Cath, C., Savulescu, J. and Whittaker, M. (2015) Philosophy Meets Internet Engineering: Ethics in Networked Systems Research. GTC Workshop Outcomes Paper. September 29, 2015.
- Allagui, I., Graham, M., and Hogan, B. (2014) Wikipedia Arabe et la Construction Collective du Savoir [Wikipedia Arabic and the Collective Construction of Knowledge]. In L.Barbe and L. Merzeau (eds) Wikipedia, objet scientifique non identifie. Paris: Presses Universitaries du Paris Ouest.
- Bellagio Big Data Workshop Participants (2014) Big data and positive social change in the developing world: A white paper for practitioners and researchers. Oxford: Oxford Internet Institute.
- Blank, G. and Dutton, W.H. (2014) Next Generation Internet Users: Digital divides, choices, and inequalities. In Mark Graham and William H. Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Blank, G. and Dutton, W.H. (2014) Next Generation Users: Changing access to the Internet. In Stine Lomborg and Anja Bechmann (eds) The Ubiquitous Internet. Routledge.
- Blank, G. and Groselj, D. (2014) The dimensions of Internet use: Amount, variety and types. Information, Communication & Society 17 (4) 417-435. DOI: 10.1080/1369118X.2014.889189