These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
51 - 75 of 2777 publications found.
- Margetts, H., John, P., Hale, S., and Yasseri, T. (2015) Political Turbulence: How Social Media Shape Collective Action. Princeton University Press.
- Meyer, E.T. (2015) The Expert and the Machine: Competition or Convergence? Convergence: The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies.
- Meyer, E.T. and Schroeder, R. (2015) Knowledge Machines: Digital Transformations of the Sciences and Humanities. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.
- Meyer, E.T., R. Schroeder and U. Deetjen (2015). Dementia data sharing: Task certainty and mutual dependence in medical research. Paper presented at Society for Social Studies of Science, Denver, Colorado, 14 November 2015.
- Milena Tsvetkova, Taha Yasseri, Eric T. Meyer, J. Brian Pickering, Vegard Engen, Paul Walland, Marika Lüders, Asbjørn Følstad, George Bravos (2015) Understanding Human-Machine Networks: A Cross-Disciplinary Survey. Submitted.
- Narayanan, A. and Zevenbergen, B. (2015) No Encore for Encore? Ethical Questions for Web-Based Censorship Measurement. September 24, 2015.
- Nugraha, Y., Brown, I., Sastrosubroto, A.S. (2015) An Adaptive Wideband Delphi Method to Study State Cyber-Defence Requirements. Emerging Topics in Computing, IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing Volume PP, Issue 99.
- Oostveen, A., P. Aalto, D. Dimitrova, M. Hendow, and P. Lehtonen (2015) Socio-ethical, legal, political, and privacy aspects (Version 2) FastPass Deliverable 2.5. FastPass - A harmonized, modular reference system for all European automated border crossing points, FP7-SEC-2012-1, 167 pp.
- Papoutsi, C. and Brown, I. (2015) Privacy as articulation work in HIV health services. Proceedings of Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Vancouver, 14-18 March 2015.
- Przybylski, A.K. and Mishkin, A.F. (2015) How the Quantity and Quality of Electronic Gaming Relates to Adolescents' Academic Engagement and Psychosocial Adjustment. Psychology of Popular Media Culture.
- Schroeder, R. (2015) A Weberian Analysis of Global Digital Divides. International Journal of Communication 9: 2819-2837.
- Schroeder, R. (2015) Gellner, Science, and Globalization. Thesis 11, 128: 10-25.
- Schroeder, R. (2015) Michael Mann. In: James D. Wright (editor-in-chief), International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2nd edn, Vol 14. Oxford: Elsevier. pp. 490-495.
- Schroeder, R. and Taylor, L. (2015) Big Data and Wikipedia Research: Social Science Knowledge across Disciplinary Divides. Information, Communication and Society 18 (9): 1039–1056.
- Schroeder, R., and Cowls, J. (2015) Causation, Correlation, and Big Data in Social Science Research. Policy and the Internet. DOI: 10.1002/poi3.100
- Taddeo, M. (forthcoming) Just Information Warfare. Topoi.
- Taddeo, M. (forthcoming) The Moral Value of Information and Information Ethics. In L. Floridi (ed.) The Routledge Handbook of Philosophy of Information, Routledge.
- Taddeo, M. (forthcoming) The Struggle Between Liberties and Authorities in the Information Age. Science and Engineering Ethics.
- Taylor, L., Cowls, J., Schroeder, R., and Meyer, E.T. (2014) Big Data and Positive Change in the Developing World. Policy & Internet 6 (4) 418-444.
- Tsvetkova, M. and Macy, M.W. (2015) The social contagion of antisocial behavior. Sociological Science 2: 36-49.
- Tsvetkova, M. and Macy, M.W. (2015) The contagion of prosocial behavior and the emergence of voluntary contribution communities. International Conference on Computational Social Science, Helsinki, Finland.
- Tsvetkova, M. and Macy, M.W. (2015) The contagion of prosocial behavior and the emergence of voluntary-contribution communities. In Bruno Gonçalves and Nicola Perra (eds) Social Phenomena: From Data Analysis to Models, pp. 125–143.
- Tsvetkova, M., Nilsson, O., Öhman, C., Sumpter, L., and Sumpter, D. (2015) Experimental evidence for the Schelling segregation model. International Conference on Computational Social Science, Helsinki, Finland.
- Vasalou, A, Oostveen, A., Bowers, C., and Beale, R. (2015) Understanding engagement with the privacy domain through design research. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology 66 (6) 1263-1273.
- Wajcman, J (2015) Pressed for Time: The Acceleration of Life in Digital Capitalism. University of Chicago Press.