These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
51 - 75 of 2564 publications found.
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., Rivero, A., Borge-Holthoefer, J., and Moreno, Y. (2014) Assessing the bias in samples of large online networks. Social Networks 38: 16–27.
- Graham, M. (2014) The Knowledge Based Economy and Digital Divisions of Labour. In V.Desai, and R.Potter (eds) Companion to Development Studies, 3rd edn. Hodder, pp. 189-195.
- Graham, M. and Haarstad, H. (2014) Open Development through Open Consumption: The Internet of Things, User-Generated Content and Economic Transparency. In M.L. Smith and K.M.A. Reilly (eds) Open Development: Networked Innovations in International Development. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Graham, M. and Hjorth, I. (2014) Economic activity gone virtual: What does it mean for Development? Invited talk at DIFD's 2nd Digital for Development Showcase, Department of International Development, Whitehall, UK.
- Graham, M., and Dutton, W. H. (eds) (2014) Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Graham, M., and Zook, M. 2014. Augmentierte Geographien: Zur digitalen Erfahrung des städtischen Alltags. Geographische Rundschau (65) 6. 18-25.
- Graham, M., Hogan, B., Straumann, R.K., and Medhat, A. (2014) Uneven Geographies of User-Generated Information: Patterns of Increasing Informational Poverty. Annals of the Association of American Geographers.
- Groselj, D. (2014) A Webometrics Analysis of Online Health Information: Sponsorship, Platform Type and Link Structures. Online Information Review 38 (2) 209-231. DOI: 10.1108/OIR-01-2013-0011
- Hale, S.A. (2014) Global Connectivity and Multilinguals in the Twitter Network. In Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI'14, ACM.
- Hale, S.A., John, P., Margetts, H., and Yasseri, T. (2014) Investigating Political Participation and Social Information Using Big Data and a Natural Experiment. APSA 2014 Annual Meeting Paper.
- Hale, S.A., Yasseri, T., Cowls, J., Meyer, E.T., Schroeder, R., and Margetts, H. (2014) Mapping the UK webspace: Fifteen years of British universities on the web. ACM WebSci'14, Bloomington, Indiana.
- Hammett, D., Twyman, K.C., and Graham, M. (2014) Research in Development. London: Routledge.
- Hjorth, I. (2014) The social dynamics of crowdfunding. Invited talk at the Departmental Research Seminar Series Computing and Communications, Open University, UK.
- I. Brown (2014) Social media surveillance. In W. Donsbach (ed.) International Encyclopedia of Digital Communication & Society, International Communication Association/Blackwell.
- I. Brown, C. Buckley and D. Harris (2014) Data Protection: Redress mechanisms and their use in the UK. EU Fundamental Rights Agency.
- Iñiguez, G., Török, J., Yasseri, T., Kaski, K., and Kertész, J. (2014) Modeling Social Dynamics in a Collaborative Environment. Submitted.
- Kaufmann, M., E. Krempel, A. Oostveen, D. Dimitrova, and P. Tsormpatzoudi (2014) Concept for usability, acceptance and privacy (Version 1). FastPass Deliverable 2.2. FastPass - A harmonized, modular reference system for all European automated border crossing points, FP7-SEC-2012-1.
- Margetts, H., Hale, S. A., and Yasseri, T. (2014) Big Data and Collective Action. In M.Graham and W.H.Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Meyer, E.T. (2014) Examining the Hyphen: The Value of Social Informatics for Research and Teaching. In Rosenbaum, H., Fichman, P. (Eds) Social Informatics: Past, Present and Future. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholarly Publishers, Chapter 3.
- Meyer, E.T. and Schroeder, R. (2014) Knowledge Machines: Digital Transformations of the Sciences and Humanities. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press.
- Meyer, E.T., Carroll, J., and Phillips, K. (2014) Bottling Inspiration: Shoot Smart Swindon Final Project Report. London: Into Film.
- Nash, V. (2014) The Politics of Children's Internet Use. In Graham, M., and Dutton, W. H. (eds) Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Nash, V., O'Connell, R., Zevenbergen, B., and Mishkin, A. (2014) Effective age verification techniques: Lessons to be learnt from the online gambling industry. Final Report.
- Newman, N., Dutton, W.H. and Blank, G. (2014) Social media and the news. In Mark Graham and William H. Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- O'Hanlon, P., Wright, J. and Brown, I. (2014) Privacy at the Link Layer. In W3C/IAB workshop on Strengthening the Internet Against Pervasive Monitoring (STRINT).