These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
26 - 50 of 2681 publications found.
- Taddeo, M. (forthcoming) The Struggle Between Liberties and Authorities in the Information Age. Science and Engineering Ethics.
- Allagui, I., Graham, M., and Hogan, B. (2014) Wikipedia Arabe et la Construction Collective du Savoir [Wikipedia Arabic and the Collective Construction of Knowledge]. In L.Barbe and L. Merzeau (eds) Wikipedia, objet scientifique non identifie. Paris: Presses Universitaries du Paris Ouest.
- Bellagio Big Data Workshop Participants (2014) Big data and positive social change in the developing world: A white paper for practitioners and researchers. Oxford: Oxford Internet Institute.
- Blank, G. and Dutton, W.H. (2014) Next Generation Internet Users: Digital divides, choices, and inequalities. In Mark Graham and William H. Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Blank, G. and Dutton, W.H. (2014) Next Generation Users: Changing access to the Internet. In Stine Lomborg and Anja Bechmann (eds) The Ubiquitous Internet. Routledge.
- Blank, G. and Groselj, D. (2014) The dimensions of Internet use: Amount, variety and types. Information, Communication & Society 17 (4) 417-435. DOI: 10.1080/1369118X.2014.889189
- Blank, G., Bolsover, G., and Dubois, E. (2014). A New Privacy Paradox: Young people and privacy on social network sites. Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association, 16 - 19 August 2014, San Francisco, California.
- Bolsover, G., Dutton, W. H., Law, G., and Dutta, S. (2014). China and the US in the New Internet World: A Comparative Perspective. In W. H. Dutton and M. Graham (Eds), Society and the Internet: How Information and Social Networks are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Bright, J., and Nicholls, T. (2014) The Life and Death of Political News: Measuring the Impact of the Audience Agenda Using Online Data. Social Science Computer Review 32 (2) 170-181.
- Bright, J., Garzia, D., Lacey, J., and Trechsel, A. (2014) Transnationalising Europe's Voting Space. EUDO Working Paper.
- Bright, J., Margetts, H., Hale, S. and Yasseri, T. (2014) The use of social media for research and analysis: a feasibility study. Report of research carried out by the Oxford Internet Institute on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions. DWP ad hoc research report no. 13.
- Brooks, B., Hogan, B., Ellison, N., Lampec, C., and Vitak, J. (2014) Assessing structural correlates to social capital in Facebook ego networks. Social Networks 38: 1-15.
- Brown, I (2014) Privacy post-Snowden, presentation at the IGov2 conference at the University of Oslo, 9 September 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Building academic cybersecurity capacity. East African Community cybersecurity workshop, Kampala, 28 May 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Compatibility with EU law and expanding powers. Data Retention and Investigatory Powers Act workshop, London, 28 August 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Copyright technologies and clashing rights. In D. Halbert and M. David (eds.) The SAGE Handbook of Intellectual Property. London: Sage.
- Brown, I. (2014) Data protection and the Internet of Things. IoT workshop, Cambridge University, 3 September 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) How can we maintain privacy online?. Snowden one year on, London, 7 June 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Institutional capabilities for communications security regulation. Information Influx, University of Amsterdam, 3 July 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) International law requirements for foreign intelligence surveillance, Presented at Stiftung Neue Verantwortung workshop, Berlin, 10 March 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Keeping Our Secrets? Designing Internet Technologies for the Public Good. European Human Rights Law Review 4: 368-377.
- Brown, I. (2014) No more secrets? International Intelligence Review Agencies Conference, London, 8 July 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Normative and empirical perspectives on Technology Impact Assessment. Presented at Computers, Privacy and Data Protection, Brussels, 22 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Online Behavioural Advertising. Presented at Computers, Privacy and Data Protection, Brussels, 23 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Oxford's Capability Maturity Model. Commonwealth Cybercrime Initiative, London, 27 June 2014.