These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
26 - 50 of 2564 publications found.
- Brown, I. (2014) The feasibility of transatlantic privacy-protective standards for surveillance. International Journal of Law and Information Technology 22 (3).
- Brown, I. (2014) The future of data protection and privacy, Presented at the European Parliament, Brussels, 21 March 2014
- Brown, I. (2014) Trust in the Cloud. Presented at the Dutch Government Cyber Dialogue, The Hague, 17 January 2014.
- Brown, I. and Korff, D. (2014) Foreign surveillance: law and practice in a global digital environment. European Human Rights Law Review 3: 243-251.
- Capineri, C., Calvino, C., and Romano, A. (2014) Cittadini e istituzioni, i prosumers di informazioni. L'esperienza dei comuni italiani su Twitter. Collana Ladest, University of Siena.
- de Cornière, A. and Taylor, G. (2014) Integration and Search Engine Bias. RAND Journal of Economics.
- Dougherty, M. and Meyer, E. T. (2014) Community, tools, and practices in web archiving: The state-of-the-art in relation to social science and humanities research needs. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology. doi: 10.1002/asi.23099
- Dubois, E. and Gaffney, D. (2014) The Multiple Facets of Influence. American Behavioural Scientist.
- Dutton, W., Law, G., Bolsover, G., and Dutta, S. (2014) The Internet Trust Bubble: Global Values, Beliefs and Practices Underpinning the Future of Free Expression, Privacy and Security Online.
- Eccles, K. (2014) Crowdsourcing in the Arts and Humanities: Interdisciplinary approaches. Presented at 'Promoting Interdisciplinary Engagement in the Digital Humanities', University of Oxford, February 2014.
- Eccles, K. (2014) Crowdsourcing to understand public interactions with heritage. Presented at 'Sharing is Caring', Copenhagen, April 2014 (Keynote speaker).
- Eccles, K. and Greg, A. (2014) Your Paintings Tagger: Crowdsourcing descriptive metadata for a national virtual collection. In Ridge, M. (ed.) Crowdsourcing our Cultural Heritage. Ashgate.
- Edwards, L. and Brown, I. (2014) Online Privacy and the Law: a European perspective. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Eynon, R., Gillani, N. and Hjorth, I. (2014) Conceptualizing learning and interaction in MOOCs. Presentation at the ESRC Breaking Boundaries Seminar Series, University of Oxford, UK.
- Eynon, R., Gillani, N., Hjorth, I., and Yasseri, T. (2014) Conceptualising interaction and learning in MOOCs. MOOC Research Initiative. Final Report.
- Eynon, R., Hjorth, I., Gillani, N. and Yasseri, T. (2014) Vote Me Up If You Like My Ideas! Experiences of Learning in a MOOC. International Communications Association Pre-Conference, Innovation in Higher Education: Building a Better Future? May 2014, Seattle, WA.
- Floridi, L. (2014) Information Closure and the Sceptical Objection. Synthese 191 (6) 1037-1050.
- Floridi, L. (2014) The Fourth Revolution - How the infosphere is reshaping human reality. Oxford University Press.
- Floridi, L. (forthcoming) Perception and Testimony as Data Providers. Logique et Analyse.
- Foster, C. (2014) Does Quality Matter for Innovations in Low Income Markets? The Case of the Kenyan Mobile Phone Sector. Technology in Society 38: 119-129.
- Friederici, N. (2014) More Art than Science? Exploring the Roles of Technology Innovation Hubs for Urban Regions in Developing Countries. In EU-SPRI Forum Early Career Researcher Conference. Valencia, Spain.
- Friederici, N. (2014). The Business Models of mLabs and mHubs: An Evaluation of infoDev’s Mobile Innovation Support Pilots. Washington, DC: infoDev, World Bank.
- Gillani, N. and Eynon, R. (2014) Communication Patterns in Massively Open Online Courses. The Internet and Higher Education 23: 18-26.
- Gillani, N., Eynon, R., Osborne, M., Hjorth, I., and Roberts, S. (2014) Communication Communities in MOOCs. Working paper.
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., and Borge-Holthoefer, J. (2014) The Emergence of Roles in Large-Scale Networks of Communication. Submitted.