These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
1 - 25 of 2389 publications found. (download citations)
- Calvino C., Romano A., Teobaldi M., “Tweetting Politicians – Il peso della Prossimitià nella formazione dell’opinione politica” – Rivista Geografica Italiana.
- Calvino C., Romano A., Teobaldi M., “VGI e Web 2.0: la politica ai tempi di Twitter” – Bollettino AIC (Associazione Italiana Cartografia).
- Cobo Romaní, C. (2013) Exploration of open educational resources in non-English speaking communities. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning 14 (2) 106-128.
- Dutton, W.H. (forthcoming) The Fifth Estate: Democratic Social Accountability through the Emerging Network of Networks. In: P.G.Nixon et al. (eds) Challenges to E-Government in Europe.
- Friederici, N. (2013, forthcoming). Guiding Ideas “From Mind to Market”? Learning from infoDev's Mobile Microwork Innovation Competition. infoDev / The World Bank, Washington, DC, USA.
- Hjorth, I. (2014) Networked Cultural Production: Filmmaking in the Wreckamovie Community. PhD thesis. Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, UK.
- Ventresca, M. and Nyberg, R. (forthcoming) How Journalists Report on Innovation: Models of Innovation among Working UK Journalists.
- Ventresca, M. and Nyberg, R. (forthcoming) Writing Innovations: Six Perspectives regarding Journalism on Innovations.
- Brooks, B., Hogan, B., Ellison, N., Lampec, C., and Vitak, J. (2014) Assessing structural correlates to social capital in Facebook ego networks. Social Networks 38: 1-15.
- Brown, I. (2014) Normative and empirical perspectives on Technology Impact Assessment. Presented at Computers, Privacy and Data Protection, Brussels, 22 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Online Behavioural Advertising. Presented at Computers, Privacy and Data Protection, Brussels, 23 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Smart metering and the smart grid: what about privacy? Presented at Computers, Privacy and Data Protection, Brussels, 24 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) The Data Retention Directive: Recent Developments. Presented at Big Data and Security, Brussels, 21 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) The Data Retention Directive: recent developments. Presented at Computers, Privacy and Data Protection, Brussels, 22 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Trust in the Cloud. Presented at the Dutch Government Cyber Dialogue, The Hague, 17 January 2014.
- Dubois, E. and Gaffney, D. (2014) The Multiple Facets of Influence. American Behavioural Scientist.
- Edwards, L. and Brown, I. (2014) Online Privacy and the Law: a European perspective. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Eynon, R., Gillani, N. and Hjorth, I. (2014) Conceptualizing learning and interaction in MOOCs. Presentation at the ESRC Breaking Boundaries Seminar Series, University of Oxford, UK.
- Floridi, L. (2014) The Fourth Revolution - How the infosphere is reshaping human reality. Oxford University Press.
- González-Bailón, S., Wang, N., Rivero, A., Borge-Holthoefer, J., and Moreno, Y. (2014) Assessing the bias in samples of large online networks. Social Networks 38: 16–27.
- Graham, M. and Haarstad, H. (2014) Open Development through Open Consumption: The Internet of Things, User-Generated Content and Economic Transparency. In M.L. Smith and K.M.A. Reilly (eds) Open Development: Networked Innovations in International Development. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Graham, M. and Hjorth, I. (2014) Economic activity gone virtual: What does it mean for Development? Invited talk at DIFD's 2nd Digital for Development Showcase, Department of International Development, Whitehall, UK.
- Graham, M., and Dutton, W. H. (eds) (2014) Society and the Internet: How Networks of Information and Communication are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hale, S.A. (2014) Global Connectivity and Multilinguals in the Twitter Network. In Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI'14, ACM.
- Hjorth, I. (2014) The social dynamics of crowdfunding. Invited talk at the Departmental Research Seminar Series Computing and Communications, Open University, UK.