These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
1 - 25 of 2721 publications found.
- Cobo Romaní, C. (2013) Exploration of open educational resources in non-English speaking communities. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning 14 (2) 106-128.
- Dutton, W.H. (forthcoming) The Fifth Estate: Democratic Social Accountability through the Emerging Network of Networks. In: P.G.Nixon et al. (eds) Challenges to E-Government in Europe.
- Hjorth, I. (2014) Networked Cultural Production: Filmmaking in the Wreckamovie Community. PhD thesis. Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, UK.
- Ventresca, M. and Nyberg, R. (forthcoming) How Journalists Report on Innovation: Models of Innovation among Working UK Journalists.
- Ventresca, M. and Nyberg, R. (forthcoming) Writing Innovations: Six Perspectives regarding Journalism on Innovations.
- Edwards, L. and Brown, I. (2016) Online Privacy and the Law: A European Perspective. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- González-Bailón, S., and Wang, N. (2016) Networked discontent: The anatomy of protest campaigns in social media. Social Networks 44: 95-104.
- Graham, M. and De Sabbata, S. (2016) Mapping Information Wealth and Poverty: The Geography of Gazetteers. Environment and Planning A.
- A. Cooper and I. Brown (2015) Net Neutrality: Discrimination, Competition, and Innovation in the UK and US, ACM Transactions on Internet Technology, 15(1): 2-21, doi: 10.1145/2700057
- Brown, I. (2015) The feasibility of transatlantic privacy-protective standards for surveillance. International Journal of Law and Information Technology vol.23 (1): 23-40.
- C. Papoutsi and I. Brown (2015) Privacy as Articulation Work in HIV Health Services, Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work & Social Computing pp339-348
- De Sabbata, S., Çöltekin, A., Eccles, K., Hale, S. and Straumann, R.K. (2015) Collaborative Visualizations for Wikipedia Critique and Activism. Proceedings of ICWSM. AAAI.
- Deetjen, U. (2015) Internet use and health: using secondary data for spatial microsimulation. Quantitative research methods series, Oxford, 8 June 2015.
- Deetjen, U., E. T. Meyer and R. Schroeder (2015), "Big Data for Advancing Dementia Research: An Evaluation of Data Sharing Practices in Research on Age-related Neurodegenerative Diseases", OECD Digital Economy Papers, No. 246, OECD Publishing, Paris.
- Eynon, R. and Geniets, A (2015) The digital skills paradox: how do digitally excluded youth develop skills to use the Internet? Learning Media and Technology.
- Eynon, R. and Helsper, E. (2015) Family dynamics and Internet use in Britain: what role do children play in adults' engagement with the Internet? Information, Communication and Society 18 (2).
- Foster, C., and Graham, M. (2015) Connectivity and the Tea Sector in Rwanda. Value Chains and Networks of Connectivity-Based Enterprises in Rwanda. Project Report, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford.
- Foster, C., and Graham, M. (2015) The Internet and Tourism in Rwanda. Value Chains and Networks of Connectivity-Based Enterprises in Rwanda. Project Report, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford.
- Garcia Gavilanes, R. (2015) Language, Twitter and Academic Conferences. The 26th ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media, 1-4 September 2015, Cyprus.
- Garcia Gavilanes, R. (2015) User Behavior in Microblogs with a Cultural Emphasis. PhD Thesis. Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona-Spain.
- Ghasemi Nezhadhaghighi, M., Movahed, S.M.S., Yasseri, T., and Vaez Allaei, S.M. (2015) Crossing Statistics of Anisotropic Stochastic Surface. Submitted.
- Graham, M. (2015) Contradictory Connectivity: Spatial Imaginaries and Techno-Mediated Positionalities in Kenya's Outsourcing Sector. Environment and Planning A.
- Graham, M., Andersen, C., and Mann, L. (2015) Geographies of Connectivity in East Africa: Trains, Telecommunications, and Technological Teleologies. Transactions of the Institute of British Geographers.
- Grasemann, G., A. Oostveen and D. Dimotrova (2015) Concept for usability, acceptance and privacy (Version 2). FastPass Deliverable 2.4. FastPass - A harmonized, modular reference system for all European automated border crossing points, FP7-SEC-2012-1, 72 pp.
- Hale, S.A. (2015) Cross-language Wikipedia Editing of Okinawa, Japan. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI '15, ACM.