These are the publications produced by department faculty, students and associates. Check faculty biographies to view a particular person's records. Academic journals edited by OII faculty include: Policy & Internet (Helen Margetts, Vili Lehdonvirta); Information, Communication & Society (William Dutton); Philosophy & Technology (Luciano Floridi); and Learning, Media and Technology (Rebecca Eynon).
1 - 25 of 2561 publications found.
- Cobo Romaní, C. (2013) Exploration of open educational resources in non-English speaking communities. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning 14 (2) 106-128.
- Dutton, W.H. (forthcoming) The Fifth Estate: Democratic Social Accountability through the Emerging Network of Networks. In: P.G.Nixon et al. (eds) Challenges to E-Government in Europe.
- Hjorth, I. (2014) Networked Cultural Production: Filmmaking in the Wreckamovie Community. PhD thesis. Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford, UK.
- Ventresca, M. and Nyberg, R. (forthcoming) How Journalists Report on Innovation: Models of Innovation among Working UK Journalists.
- Ventresca, M. and Nyberg, R. (forthcoming) Writing Innovations: Six Perspectives regarding Journalism on Innovations.
- Allagui, I., Graham, M., and Hogan, B. (2014) Wikipedia Arabe et la Construction Collective du Savoir. In L.Barbe and L. Merzeau (eds) Wikipedia, objet scientifique non identifie. Paris: Presses Universitaries du Paris Ouest.
- Blank, G. and Dutton, W.H. (2014) Next Generation Internet Users: Digital divides, choices, and inequalities. In Mark Graham and William H. Dutton (eds) Society and the Internet: How information and social networks are changing our lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Blank, G. and Dutton, W.H. (2014) Next Generation Users: Changing access to the Internet. In Stine Lomborg and Anja Bechmann (eds) The Ubiquitous Internet. Routledge.
- Blank, G. and Groselj, D. (2014) The dimensions of Internet use: Amount, variety and types. Information, Communication & Society 17 (4) 417-435. DOI: 10.1080/1369118X.2014.889189
- Blank, G., Bolsover, G., and Dubois, E. (2014). A New Privacy Paradox: Young people and privacy on social network sites. Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association, 16 - 19 August 2014, San Francisco, California.
- Bolsover, G., Dutton, W. H., Law, G., and Dutta, S. (2014). China and the US in the New Internet World: A Comparative Perspective. In W. H. Dutton and M. Graham (Eds), Society and the Internet: How Information and Social Networks are Changing our Lives. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Bright, J., and Nicholls, T. (2014) The Life and Death of Political News: Measuring the Impact of the Audience Agenda Using Online Data. Social Science Computer Review 32 (2) 170-181.
- Bright, J., Garzia, D., Lacey, J., and Trechsel, A. (2014) Transnationalising Europe's Voting Space. EUDO Working Paper.
- Brooks, B., Hogan, B., Ellison, N., Lampec, C., and Vitak, J. (2014) Assessing structural correlates to social capital in Facebook ego networks. Social Networks 38: 1-15.
- Brown, I. (2014) Copyright technologies and clashing rights. In D. Halbert and M. David (eds.) The SAGE Handbook of Intellectual Property. London: Sage.
- Brown, I. (2014) International law requirements for foreign intelligence surveillance, Presented at Stiftung Neue Verantwortung workshop, Berlin, 10 March 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Keeping Our Secrets? Designing Internet Technologies for the Public Good. European Human Rights Law Review 4: 368-377.
- Brown, I. (2014) Normative and empirical perspectives on Technology Impact Assessment. Presented at Computers, Privacy and Data Protection, Brussels, 22 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Online Behavioural Advertising. Presented at Computers, Privacy and Data Protection, Brussels, 23 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) Rebuilding trust after Snowden, Presented at Conservative Technology Forum, London, 3 March 2014
- Brown, I. (2014) Smart metering and the smart grid: what about privacy? Presented at Computers, Privacy and Data Protection, Brussels, 24 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) The Data Retention Directive: Recent Developments. Presented at Big Data and Security, Brussels, 21 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) The Data Retention Directive: recent developments. Presented at Computers, Privacy and Data Protection, Brussels, 22 January 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) The Data Retention Directive: recent developments. Presented at Federal Trade Commission seminar, Washington DC, 22 March 2014.
- Brown, I. (2014) The economics of privacy, data protection and surveillance. In J.M. Bauer and M. Latzer (eds.) Research Handbook on the Economics of the Internet. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.