Chrysanthi Papoutsi has a background in Management Science and Information Systems. Her current work focuses on information privacy perceptions and practices of health and IT professionals in HIV clinics.
Chrysanthi holds a Bachelors degree in Management Science and Technology from the Athens University of Economics and Business in Greece (2006) and a Masters degree in the Analysis, Design and Management of Information Systems from the London School of Economics and Political Science (2008).
She has worked as a research assistant at the Information Systems Technology Laboratory of the Athens University of Economics and Business. As a member of the group for Interdisciplinary Research on the Information Society, she participated in projects concerning identity management in e-government services. She has also completed an internship in a Greek consulting company where she worked as a trainee project coordinator in the department of European projects.
Chrysanthi is interested in the social and organisational consequences of the adoption and use of Information and Communication Technologies. Her research focuses on information privacy perceptions and practices of health and IT professionals in HIV clinics, looking specifically at cases of organisational change through integration of Health Information Systems.
information privacy, information system integration, organisational change, health information systems, health
Positions held at the OII
- DPhil student, October 2008 -
October 2008 - December 2011
Privacy Value Networks (PVNets) is producing an empirical base for developing concepts of privacy across contexts and timeframes, addressing a current lack of clarity of what privacy is and what it means to stakeholders in different usage scenarios.
- Vasalou, A., Gill, A., Mazanderani, F., Papoutsi, C. and Joinson, A. (2011) Privacy dictionary: A new resource for the automated content analysis of privacy. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology 62 (11) 2095-2105.
- Papoutsi, C. (2011) Reconstructing Professional Identities: HIV Service Providers and Confidentiality in the UK. Paper presented at the BSA Medical Sociology Conference, Chester, UK, 14-16 September 2011.
- Papoutsi, C., Anderson, J. and Brown, I. (2011) Why do Dual Case Note Systems for HIV Persist? Initial Findings from two UK HIV Outpatient Centers. Poster presented at the 6th International AIDS Society Conference, Rome, Italy, 17-20 July 2011.
- Gill, A., Vasalou, A., Papoutsi, C. and Joinson, A. (2011) Privacy Dictionary: a Linguistic Taxonomy of Privacy for Content Analysis. Paper presented at the ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 7-12 May 2011.
- Gill, A., Vasalou, A., Papoutsi, C. and Joinson, A. (2011) Privacy dictionary: A linguistic taxonomy of privacy for content analysis. Proceedings of CHI, ACM Press.
- Vasalou, A., Gill, A., Mazanderani, F., Papoutsi, C., Oostveen, A. and Brostoff, S. (2010) The prototype of privacy: analyzing privacy discourse through its features. Peer-reviewed paper for the Privacy and Usability Methods (PUMP) workshop, British HCI 2010 conference, Dundee, 6 September 2010.
- Papoutsi, C. and Brown, I. (2010) Technological Information Privacy Challenges in Healthcare. Poster presented at the IADIS International Conference e-Society 2010, 18-21 March 2010, Porto, Portugal.
- Papoutsi, C., Mazanderani, F. and Brown, I. (2010) Researching Privacy in HIV Care: An Ethnographic Analysis of Methods. Privacy and Usability Methods (PUMP) Workshop, British HCI 2010 Conference.
- Diamanti, K., Pouloudi, N., Papoutsi, C. and Veioglanis, G. (2006) Business Intelligence in Greek Organizations: Opportunities and Risks for Effective Change Management. Paper presented at the Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems, Venice, Italy, 6-9 October 2006.
- Papoutsi, C., Spiliopoulou, A. and Chalikia, A. (2006) Psychological Contracts: Concept and Implications in Greek Organizations. Paper presented at the 3rd Student Conference of Management Science and Technology, Athens, Greece, 10 May 2006.
- Diamanti, K., Veioglanis, G. and Papoutsi, C. (2006) Business Intelligence and Change: Case Study. Paper presented at the 3rd Student Conference of Management Science and Technology, Athens, Greece, 10 May 2006.
- Papoutsi, C. (2010) The Social Construction of Information Privacy in HIV Clinics. Presentation at the Doctoral Consortium of the 18th European Conference on Information Systems, Pretoria, South Africa, 3-9 June 2010.
- Papoutsi, C. (2009) Information Privacy and Electronic Patient Records in HIV Clinics. Presentation at the 3rd Privacy Open Space Conference, Vienna, Austria, 26-27 October 2009.
- Oostveen, A., Meyer, E., Cobo, C., Hjorth, I., Reisdorf, B., Papoutsi, C., Power, L., Abdel-Sattar, N., Hale, S. and Waldburger, M. (2011) First Year Report on Scientific Workshop. SESERV Deliverable D1.2, Socio-Economic Services for European Research Projects FP7-2010-ICT-258138-CSA.
- Papoutsi, C. and Brown, I. (2011) Final Deliverable - Work Package 1.5. Privacy Value Networks Project EP/G002606/1.
- Papoutsi, C. and Louridas, P. (2011) Final Legal Issues Report. Public EU Deliverable: D4.3a. e-Infrastructure Research Group Support Programme 2.
- Papoutsi, C. and Louridas, P. (2010) Second Legal Issues Report. Public EU Deliverable: D4.2a. e-Infrastructure Research Group Support Programme 2.
- Papoutsi, C. (2008) Metadata and Other Dangerous Things in the Age of Findability. Unpublished Masters dissertation, Department of Management, London School of Economics and Political Science.
Papoutsi, C. (forthcoming) Integration of Electronic Patient Records and Information Privacy in HIV Clinics. DPhil Thesis, Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford.
Last updated on: 22 May 2013